Holy Pellets Batman!

LOL- darn I thought that was $$$$$$$$$$$$:eek: Well at least I know pellets didn't increase by an astronomical order. On the other hand I had better slink back into the Bat Cave. :geek:
Everyone makes mistakes, sir.... Just be glad it's on a forum and not a shooting trip. You'd get your nuts busted the whole trip! haha

LOL- darn I thought that was $$$$$$$$$$$$:eek: Well at least I know pellets didn't increase by an astronomical order. On the other hand I had better slink back into the Bat Cave. :geek:
You manned up, stay and don’t slink anywhere… You did state in your OP that you have been away from air rifles a long time… Welcome back!🤓🙈🙏

Just getting back into ARs after a long detour. My JSB pellets from 8-10 years are labeled $4.50 for 500 count. Now they are $20 :mad: I can buy CCI SV and Mini Mags for the price per rounds of many pellets-.07 cents and Aguila for .05/.055 cents a round. Hard to get my mind around a single lead pellet can cost as much as a descent .22lr round:sick: I know there is inflation, and COVID and supply line issues, and wars about the world, but 4X for a lead pellet. .22 rimfire match ammo has gone up of course but not nearly 4X!
I just jumped back in as well. Had a marauder in .22 years ago. It was stolen and I just kinda stopped. Back in it now, Have a .25 bullboss, .22 notos, and 357 bulldog now, Just ordered my first FX (Impact M3 700mm .30) an hour ago! I made a slug swage for the .25 and can cast lead 9mm bullets for the bulldog, but don't currently have a solution for .30, unless I can come across a .30cal mold thats light enough for the impact. Ordered a variety of slugs and pellets with the rifle, but don't care to spend that much on slugs if I can help it!

@SEBroz it's 10 'meaningful' posts. So just be aware. Certainly your first one was... at the risk of derailing this thread (which I'm sure the OP would be relieved about), check out NOE for a 'JSB Clone' pellet mold in .30. I love mine. While they arent 'quite' as accurate out of my Impact as the real JSB's, they are a darn site cheaper.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
I have
@SEBroz it's 10 'meaningful' posts. So just be aware. Certainly your first one was... at the risk of derailing this thread (which I'm sure the OP would be relieved about), check out NOE for a 'JSB Clone' pellet mold in .30. I love mine. While they arent 'quite' as accurate out of my Impact as the real JSB's, they are a darn site cheaper.
I do have that mold in a cart on their website. I think it was called the "hunter" or something like that, in 58gr. I'd have to refer to the page to know the actual weight.
Thanks for the heads up on the posts. I do look forward to chatting with you guys about all things pew.
I'm halfway decent at modelling and have made quite a few files for 3d printing that I'll get around to posting for others to print. If anyone does have a 3d printer and has an idea for a part they want, I can certainly try throwing something together.

I have

I do have that mold in a cart on their website. I think it was called the "hunter" or something like that, in 58gr. I'd have to refer to the page to know the actual weight.
Thanks for the heads up on the posts. I do look forward to chatting with you guys about all things pew.
I'm halfway decent at modelling and have made quite a few files for 3d printing that I'll get around to posting for others to print. If anyone does have a 3d printer and has an idea for a part they want, I can certainly try throwing something together.
Recently I have been spending a lot of time offshore as a client representative on a survey vessel, which is very boring and uneventful. I've been using this time to improve modelling and make rifle parts and welcome the requests (no charge, but keep in mind I'm a novice). I'm sure there is a place on the forum where that is more pertinent.

Who knows, maybe this time next year, we will all have affordable , do it at home, pellet maker machines. ???

I have

Ha. I have merged our off topic convo back into what the OP intended! Found these 4 sets of 46gr and 59gr (2 of each) on ebay a minute ago. One is missing its skirt pins, but is still a pretty good deal if they are in decent condition. They may not be what the rifle loves, but they are projectiles to try for a lower price than buying pre made. Time to look for an HP slug mold.

Screenshot 2024-04-06 222240.png

Reactions: Airgun Al
Order Summary so i thought i would check $8.60 per tin but the shipping !!!! Krahl
  1. Airgun Pellets JSB Exact Diabolo Jumbo 5.5 mm 15.89 grain

Airgun Pellets JSB Exact Diabolo Jumbo 5.5 mm 15.89 grain
    $86.00
    5.51 mm

Qty: 10
Cart Subtotal$86.00
Shipping$54.18
Order Total$140.18
You will be charged for€129.25

and in South Africa

JSB Diabolo Exact King Heavy MKII @ R 380.00 or USD $20.86​

That’s not correct though. You’re quoting 250 count tins here versus the 500 count.

Ha. I have merged our off topic convo back into what the OP intended! Found these 4 sets of 46gr and 59gr (2 of each) on ebay a minute ago. One is missing its skirt pins, but is still a pretty good deal if they are in decent condition. They may not be what the rifle loves, but they are projectiles to try for a lower price than buying pre made. Time to look for an HP slug mold.

View attachment 453103
Think about it for a moment....

20 years ago, airguners were stuck with only a handful of PCP airguns to choose from, and they were expensive.
Compressors were extremely expensive.

10 years ago, PCP gun offerings expanded and became affordable.
The Shoebox compressor made owning your own compressor a reality.

Today, we have decent $350 PCP rifles, $500 compressors that will fill large tanks, and all we need is the ability to recycle some old lead and make our own pellets affordably!

Think about it for a moment....

20 years ago, airguners were stuck with only a handful of PCP airguns to choose from, and they were expensive.
Compressors were extremely expensive.

10 years ago, PCP gun offerings expanded and became affordable.
The Shoebox compressor made owning your own compressor a reality.

Today, we have decent $350 PCP rifles, $500 compressors that will fill large tanks, and all we need is the ability to recycle some old lead and make our own pellets affordably!
I'm originally a powder burner that began to hoard his ammo at the onset of covid, which led to me falling out of getting to the range and shooting. I've got a lot of single stage reloading equipment, so it makes the thought of shooting my quiet and inexpensive handmade ammo (which is incredibly fun and satisfying to make) in the backyard all the better!
I will say that presslug system is pretty cool, just a hard $ shaped pill to swallow. At least its a little less than the corbin!

Or a 3D lead printer!
You know... I have designed and printed a handful of ASA pellets and slugs. ASA just because its what I keep loading on the printer.
They aren't horrible at a couple yards! I need either an air rifle with a 2" breech, or larger bore break barrel. I cant believe I just thought about it... I have my benjamin nitro trail xl in 177 that has been sitting for years, Im going to make some long .177 dart slugs to see what happens!

Reactions: Airgun Al