Holy Pellets Batman!

Prices are not going to come down much, if at all in the near future. Some reasons:

1. Over a trillion dollars in additional money was printed during COVId. More money is chasing fewer or the same amount of goods.
2. Taxes keep going up, which will be passed on to consumers like they always are
4. Supply chain issues due to international politics as well as accidents like recently in Baltimore will keep material prices high
5. Growth of government spending and hiring will crowd out private businesses, leading to less competition and less production.
6. Eventual conflict with China will create scarcity of consumer goods and manufacturing equipment, even if materials prices fall. The transition period will hurt a lot…
7. Government regulations will continue to add to price of goods, why do you think Chinese stuff is cheaper?

The only cures to high prices is finding cheaper places than China to produce goods, replacing people with machines or a recession. All of these “cures” mean job losses.

Best thing to do? Stock-up, but using only as much money as you can afford.

-Marty

Last edited:
Reactions: Treefrog
Order Summary so i thought i would check $8.60 per tin but the shipping !!!! Krahl
  1. Airgun Pellets JSB Exact Diabolo Jumbo 5.5 mm 15.89 grain

Airgun Pellets JSB Exact Diabolo Jumbo 5.5 mm 15.89 grain
    $86.00
    5.51 mm

Qty: 10
Cart Subtotal$86.00
Shipping$54.18
Order Total$140.18
You will be charged for€129.25

and in South Africa

JSB Diabolo Exact King Heavy MKII @ R 380.00 or USD $20.86​

Order Summary so i thought i would check $8.60 per tin but the shipping !!!! Krahl
  1. Airgun Pellets JSB Exact Diabolo Jumbo 5.5 mm 15.89 grain

Airgun Pellets JSB Exact Diabolo Jumbo 5.5 mm 15.89 grain
    $86.00
    5.51 mm

Qty: 10
Cart Subtotal$86.00
Shipping$54.18
Order Total$140.18
You will be charged for€129.25

and in South Africa

JSB Diabolo Exact King Heavy MKII @ R 380.00 or USD $20.86​

Let us know how they packaged them!

EVERYTHING has gone up since covid. Want to really get a shock? Look at home or apartment prices! A one bedroom apartment is over $1200 a month! How do you save for a house now??? 🤬

Thank goodness mine is paid for! What a blessing!

Back to my .20 HW97k and cans....
Just don't get rooked into taking out equity on that paid off home!

Just don't get rooked into taking out equity on that paid off home!
I am still working, so steady income is nice. I have run out of toys to buy and places to keep them. My Camry is 10 years old, might have to break down and buy one before they outlaw ICE engines.

Most everything I buy these days are consumables like food, beer, whiskey, shotgun shells, bullets and pellets. Made out my estate plan with my lawyer last week. I keep eyeballing plate armor with Dearborn only eight miles away. I will be ready for Rednecks and Ragheads once I choose my plate armor vendor.

I am still working, so steady income is nice. I have run out of toys to buy and places to keep them. My Camry is 10 years old, might have to break down and buy one before they outlaw ICE engines.

Most everything I buy these days are consumables like food, beer, whiskey, shotgun shells, bullets and pellets. Made out my estate plan with my lawyer last week. I keep eyeballing plate armor with Dearborn only eight miles away. I will be ready for Rednecks and Ragheads once I choose my plate armor vendor.
Molan Labe brother.

Also, wasn't Dearborn where the Evil Dead movies were based?

Reactions: maxtrouble
I've been at this awhile, not as long as quite a few gents on here, but I dont ever remember JSB 500ct being $4.50 a tin.

Also, were in the heck are you getting CCI ammo for 5 cents a round?

Please tell me you're not just trolling to get your post count up.
Doc read what I stated. I never stated I was buying CCI for 5 cents a round I said 7 Cents. Target Sports as a member $90 per year with an 8% discount and free shipping with no minimum purchase-one box of 50 for example is free shipping. The 5-5.5 Cents is Aguila which i find is as good as CCI SV. I was surprised
True, but this guy claims they were 4.50/tin only 8-10 years ago. Thats around the time I got serious with air rifles and bought a pcp and started buying JSB and H&N pellets. Never seen them that cheap.
The Guy" will send you a pic of the tin and label.

Last edited:
Of course everything has gone up. 9mm bulk range grade ammo was .15 cents to .18/.19 cents but usually .15-.17 for descent ammo. I could buy Wolf/SK for .10-.12 cents. These have gone up to .15-.20 cents. But the pellets have gone out of sight. The firearm ammo has to much more expensive to make. Compare a .22 pellet to a .22lr rimfire-36-40 gr bullet of lead, brass case, primer in the rim and gunpowder. The pellet is just a small piece of lead basically. If I am missing something as to the complexity of producing pellets compared to firearm ammo, I need to be educated.

Of course everything has gone up. 9mm bulk range grade ammo was .15 cents to .18/.19 cents but usually .15-.17 for descent ammo. I could buy Wolf/SK for .10-.12 cents. These have gone up to .15-.20 cents. But the pellets have gone out of sight. The firearm ammo has to much more expensive to make. Compare a .22 pellet to a .22lr rimfire-36-40 gr bullet of lead, brass case, primer in the rim and gunpowder. The pellet is just a small piece of lead basically. If I am missing something as to the complexity of producing pellets compared to firearm ammo, I need to be educated.
Very simple. Supply and demand. Way more powder ammo makers then there are pellet makers. How many bullets get produced/used a year worldwide vs pellets?

Reactions: L.Leon
IN order to compare the cost of something THEN and NOW fairly you need to compare how much time it took a worker to earn the money to buy that item then and now . Lets say a Ford assembly line worker . in 1950 he earned X$ and hour and in 1990 the same man doing the same work made XX$ .
Now divide it down to minutes worked to buy said item then and now . you can now figure the price per pellet , then and now .

and i still remember doing this in Collage so long ago.
Don’t forget EPA and other environmental issues that drive costs

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein