Holy Pellets Batman!

bowzette

Mar 11, 2024
Just getting back into ARs after a long detour. My JSB pellets from 8-10 years are labeled $4.50 for 500 count. Now they are $20 :mad: I can buy CCI SV and Mini Mags for the price per rounds of many pellets-.07 cents and Aguila for .05/.055 cents a round. Hard to get my mind around a single lead pellet can cost as much as a descent .22lr round:sick: I know there is inflation, and COVID and supply line issues, and wars about the world, but 4X for a lead pellet. .22 rimfire match ammo has gone up of course but not nearly 4X!

Just getting back into ARs after a long detour. My JSB pellets from 8-10 years are labeled $4.50 for 500 count. Now they are $20 :mad: I can buy CCI SV and Mini Mags for the price per rounds of many pellets-.07 cents and Aguila for .05/.055 cents a round. Hard to get my mind around a single lead pellet can cost as much as a descent .22lr round:sick: I know there is inflation, and COVID and supply line issues, and wars about the world, but 4X for a lead pellet. .22 rimfire match ammo has gone up of course but not nearly 4X!
EVERYTHING has gone up . Air rifles , simple break barrels are way up.

Reactions: A.G.R
I've been at this awhile, not as long as quite a few gents on here, but I dont ever remember JSB 500ct being $4.50 a tin.

Also, were in the heck are you getting CCI ammo for 5 cents a round?

Please tell me you're not just trolling to get your post count up.
I was talking to a friend and made a comment similar to this statement ............................and my friend reminded me that 1992 was 30 years ago.

I was talking to a friend and made a comment similar to this statement ............................and my friend reminded me that 1992 was 30 years ago.
True, but this guy claims they were 4.50/tin only 8-10 years ago. Thats around the time I got serious with air rifles and bought a pcp and started buying JSB and H&N pellets. Never seen them that cheap.

True, but this guy claims they were 4.50/tin only 8-10 years ago. Thats around the time I got serious with air rifles and bought a pcp and started buying JSB and H&N pellets. Never seen them that cheap.
There were not that cheap 10 years ago. Used the Wayback machine this time and looked 10 years back at Pyramyd. A tin of JSB 16gr was $14.99 then.

IN order to compare the cost of something THEN and NOW fairly you need to compare how much time it took a worker to earn the money to buy that item then and now . Lets say a Ford assembly line worker . in 1950 he earned X$ and hour and in 1990 the same man doing the same work made XX$ .
Now divide it down to minutes worked to buy said item then and now . you can now figure the price per pellet , then and now .

and i still remember doing this in Collage so long ago.

JSB Pink label on back of tin? 4.50 is the diameter.

Last edited:
Like $9.50 is as cheap as I ever remember them being, somewhere around 2005 to 2007. These were white label jsb exacts 8.44gr. Am I wrong?