Huben Huben GK1 Holsters

Came up with a new design to accommodate a red dot. I beefed up the strap and changed its position for a more secure hold. The snap button is placed in a much more convenient location. When your hand is on the grip it can be popped open with the thumb, allowing for a smoother draw.

View attachment 393881

View attachment 393882

View attachment 393883

View attachment 393884
I want one of these. Not sure how to PM you. I am new to this forum and a little lost with navigating through right now.

Reactions: psycho62
I want one of these. Not sure how to PM you. I am new to this forum and a little lost with navigating through right now.
Don't feel bad because I did same thing and I been here for some years lol, forgot how but figured it out. Tap there picture or icon or whatever and hit start conversation.

SenseiSmash told you right also, sorry I forgot to mention a post limit or something before you can post or attempt to sell in classified forum. Also welcome and it's great your here buddy

David

I just received my Huben Pistol GK1 holster from Michael (Legionair). He customized it for my red dot on dovetail rail, with belt loop. It has exceeded my expectations!! Beautiful and very minimalist. Mine weighs 7.34 oz. It's a perfect fit for the GK1. He really does good work!

The strap on the back has a 'snap button' for quick release with thumb. It works very well. But, it does take me two hands to snap it back together. I think with practice I'll be able to do it one-handed.

There is no snaps for belt loop, so a belt must be fed through it. I assume that this is common practice for pistols and much safer too.

Also, when you look at the pics, you will see that Michael has allowed room for red dot movement on the dovetail rail.

The only minor concern I have is that that when pistol is firmly in holster, the Huben brass colored air gauge is about 1/4" away from two small round metal pieces that attaches the strap to the leather (not sure what they're called). Michael has made sure they clear the air gauge and won't rub. But, I suppose, if we left pistol in holster and not snapped closed, the pistol could bounce up and down and potentially rub against that metal piece.

Here are some pics of Michael (Legionair) GK1 holster.

Huben Pistol GK1 - Holster Pic 04-1.jpg

Huben Pistol GK1 - Holster Pic 05-1.jpg

Huben Pistol GK1 - Holster Pic 03-1.jpg

Huben Pistol GK1 - Holster Pic 02-1.jpg

Huben Pistol GK1 - Holster Pic 01-1.jpg

Huben Pistol GK1 - Holster Pic 06-1.jpg

I just received my Huben Pistol GK1 holster from Michael (Legionair). He customized it for my red dot on dovetail rail, with belt loop. It has exceeded my expectations!! Beautiful and very minimalist. Mine weighs 7.34 oz. It's a perfect fit for the GK1. He really does good work!

The strap on the back has a 'snap button' for quick release with thumb. It works very well. But, it does take me two hands to snap it back together. I think with practice I'll be able to do it one-handed.

There is no snaps for belt loop, so a belt must be fed through it. I assume that this is common practice for pistols and much safer too.

Also, when you look at the pics, you will see that Michael has allowed room for red dot movement on the dovetail rail.

The only minor concern I have is that that when pistol is firmly in holster, the Huben brass colored air gauge is about 1/4" away from two small round metal pieces that attaches the strap to the leather (not sure what they're called). Michael has made sure they clear the air gauge and won't rub. But, I suppose, if we left pistol in holster and not snapped closed, the pistol could bounce up and down and potentially rub against that metal piece.

View attachment 394712

View attachment 394713

View attachment 394714

View attachment 394715

View attachment 394716

View attachment 394717
Thanks for the great review Bernie! I can understand the concern about the two rivets. The pistol should be secure enough in the holster to not bounce into the rivets. However, going forward I’ll offer to put a strip of leather over the two rivets. I’ll do this for your holster as well.

Michael, Thanks for the offer to put "strips of leather" over the two rivets, but I'll keep my beautiful GK1 holster as is :).

I know I mentioned the rivets as a minor concern, but it's just not an issue that needs fixing for me. Plus, the pistol and holster fit so perfectly snug, I'm not sure they could easily move separate from each other.

View attachment 394712

View attachment 394713

View attachment 394714

View attachment 394715

View attachment 394716

View attachment 394717
Looks great and it will be great to get mine also

David

Thanks for the great review Bernie! I can understand the concern about the two rivets. The pistol should be secure enough in the holster to not bounce into the rivets. However, going forward I’ll offer to put a strip of leather over the two rivets. I’ll do this for your holster as well.
That's a good looking holster bro, I can't wait 🙌 😊

View attachment 394712

View attachment 394713

View attachment 394714

View attachment 394715

View attachment 394716

View attachment 394717
Hello. Just wondering if your red dot is mounted to the dovetail rail or is it modified in some way?

Hello. Just wondering if your red dot is mounted to the dovetail rail or is it modified in some way?
Looks like his is mounted to the dove tail.
These photos are of mine, this was modified to hold a RMR plate for my red dot.
Mine works great but you need to be comfortable with drilling and tapping your new 1k gun. I couldn't be happier with the results though.
Either way a red dot with shake to wake is a brilliant optic for this platform.

138402.jpeg

138403.jpeg

138404.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like his is mounted to the dove tail.
These photos are of mine, this was modified to hold a RMR plate for my red dot.
Mine works great but you need to be comfortable with drilling and tapping your new 1k gun. I couldn't be happier with the results though.
Either way a red dot with shake to wake is a brilliant optic for this platform.

View attachment 394864

View attachment 394865

View attachment 394866
That looks awesome brother! Good work! I’m not that skilled.

Reactions: bernieorosz
That looks awesome brother! Good work! I’m not that skilled.
I'm not that skilled either
uLuck,God's hand and some loctite make up for my lack of skill,
I know someone on here is working on a RMR plate that doesn't require drilling and tapping through a 3D printed design. He was in the testing phase a week or so ago.
Hopefully they will chime in because its a great idea.
There's also a dovetail-picatinny rail adapter that rises and comes toward the rear of the gun if you want to mount it back farther.
If you can't find what im talking about dm me and when I get to my shop tue I'll send you a pic and name m

I'm not that skilled either
uLuck,God's hand and some loctite make up for my lack of skill,
I know someone on here is working on a RMR plate that doesn't require drilling and tapping through a 3D printed design. He was in the testing phase a week or so ago.
Hopefully they will chime in because its a great idea.
There's also a dovetail-picatinny rail adapter that rises and comes toward the rear of the gun if you want to mount it back farther.
If you can't find what im talking about dm me and when I get to my shop tue I'll send you a pic and name m
Using a Monstum mounting plate for Ruger 10-22 does not require any modifications. Simply remove rear sight screw and spring; use longer screw in the rear of the mount. Pull the shroud and remove the silver guide pin. Put a short screw in the front and check for proper depth. With the shroud held in place you can see how it seats. The space for the screw is "D" shaped and my require flattening to clear the block. Once your satisfied with the fit, epoxy the screw onto the mounting plate. Now it is a guide pin. If you need to flatten the pin , do it after the epoxy has cured as it makes it easier. Bill and Addi

20231008_124313.jpg

20231008_124907.jpg

Mahely..

Just PM Michael to discuss a holster. That's what I did.

I know you are new here, so to PM him...... 1. Click on his name/icon on left side of a thread he has posted (mine shows my pic). 2. Click 'Start A Conversation.

However, you may not be able to PM a member until you've posted/replied to a certain number of threads... but not positive.

Reactions: Pale_Rider
Mahely..

Just PM Michael to discuss a holster. That's what I did.

I know you are new here, so to PM him...... 1. Click on his name/icon on left side of a thread he has posted (mine shows my pic). 2. Click 'Start A Conversation.

However, you may not be able to PM a member until you've posted/replied to a certain number of threads... but not positive.
I sent him a pm after seeing his message. Thanks Bernie.