Holosun Thermal (DRS-TH) -- and future optical-thermal hybrid scopes

Is anyone planning on trying the Holosun Thermal (DRS-TH) for pesting?

I currently have a 640x480 thermal (IRAY RICO RH50) but I'm curious if the red dot would be enough for most of my purposes. It's cheaper, smaller and overlays thermal over an optical image. So there's a decent amount to like.

I imagine we'll start seeing more hybrid-style optics in the future, so perhaps I should wait.

Last edited:
Is anyone planning on trying the Holosun Thermal (DRS-TH) for pesting?

I currently have a 640x480 thermal (IRAY RICO RH50) but I'm curious if the red dot would be enough for most of my purposes. It's cheaper, smaller and overlays thermal over an optical image. So there's a decent amount to like.

I imagine we'll start seeing more hybrid-style optics in the future, so perhaps I should wait.
Call Holosun and ask for them to make a more magnified version for a rifle, marrying this thermal technology with a prismatic scope with some eye relief like the Immersive Optics 5×30.

Bering makes the super yoter in a 1.5, 2 ,and 3 base mag. It’s a 640 unit and pretty light, I had the superhogster and it was right at a pound.
IMG_2207.jpeg

Super hogster on my L2 30 cal that I used for a bit, a buddy is running this setup now.

I'm really looking forward to seeing future generations of hybrid scopes.

An optical-thermal zoomable scope would be fantastic.

The best of all possible worlds would be a "super optical" scope where you could choose which frequencies of light to process and display to the user. Say, just blue light (direct transmission) with a digital thermal overlay, etc.