Hollow Point 30 Cal Pellets (?)

I saw a video by southern gunner where they grouped horrible without the tip.

Also, I heard dog toe nail clippers work to clip a consistent amount of the tip or melting the tips down a little with a butane torch.

Predator is losing alot of money because these polymags are too long. They are very accurate and very destructive, sounds like they explode on or in squirrels....

Predator is losing alot of money because these polymags are too long.

Agreed. Seems like a huge oversight to create a pellet so widely incompatible. I’m guessing they thought it would be too light if made shorter...?

I am hopeful that JSB eventually creates a 30 cal version of the Hades. Or, maybe the FX slugs in 30 will be a winner.

It’s odd: I see a lot of postings from 30 cal owners, which I assume means there is a decent number of us; I would have to think there is more demand for 30 cal pellets than this lack of variety suggests.

I'm thinking maybe a rounder shaped tip or shorter tip on the polys, or maybe they'll produce a polymag slug after Fx shakes up the game... I'm also waiting for the FX .30, the larger hollow cavity and hollowish base should reduce weight and its length should help accuracy alot, I think it weighs 39gr.. Also waiting on .25cal hybrids but I already have some old rat snipers in .25. He use to make .30cal down to like 34gr.

I tried the clipping off on my 30 cal Wildcat. Magazine kept jamming, and being that the pellet probe end on the wildcat 30 is barely a strand of wire, I didn’t wanna chance damaging the probe. And when I did shoot at targets, they were awful. 

But, so happens my 30 cal Hercules Bully loves them, even more so than the Vortex pellets that were shooting great in that gun, I sure like how hatsan designed the magazine for the Bully’s, nice and deep, along with how it has a self centering lock probe that guarantees a non jam ever. 

Either predator needs to redesign or offer a shortie version to cater to the thinner mags in a 25 and 30 caliber, or what I’d rather see is H&N come up with a 30 caliber Barracuda Hunter extreme or a crow magnum. I’ve emailed H&N regarding this, as no one has a hollow point pellet in a 30 cal(not counting the mile long predators), and never got a reply back.