• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hog Hunting with Airgun

Holy mofoS. I think the you answered the original posters question. I’m a believer
Yeah amazing what uor little BB guns can do if you take your time and do it right

Here the Disco Boar

ANMP0002.jpg

And this one is the big one taken with the .25

ANMP0000.jpg

@AirArcher66 Can you give us some details on your rifle mounted camera setup?
Morning my friend,

There is a member on GTA name Bullfrog (Travis) he has a company that makes mounts so your camera looks through the scope,
I didn't like it set up that way so I turned it upside down and backwards and that way I can mount the camera on top.

Distance is a key factor also. You have to take distance and fpe into consideration. 30yds with 60fpe, probably so,
50yds with 60fpe would just piss them off.
A .22 cal short rifle can average about 60fpe, the .22 long can get closer to 140fpe or so.

Slugs or pellets are to be considered also.

If I can get the hogs to come back up to my place I've got a 94fpe condor ready. Raccoons are no problem at 50yds

This is the thing. Big bore high powered airguns are loud. Really loud! Like hearing protecting loud!

View attachment 323493
As you can see my 200 fpe Bulldog .357s have suppressors on them to tame these beast. If you get a Texan or Hammer or Something, make certain to budget a Suppressor into the equation.
Which suppressor and how much does it tame it. I NEED to get one for my .30 cause I need ear protection. Would love to quite it down some.

Which suppressor and how much does it tame it. I NEED to get one for my .30 cause I need ear protection. Would love to quite it down some.
The long one is the DonnyFL Emperor and the short one is the DonnyFL Ronin. I use the Ronin on my FX Maverick .30cal pushing 90fpe, and it does a decent job. If you have a higher powered .30cal (like a Texan or something) then I'd suggest something Emperor sized.

Now here is the problem. DonnyFL no longer sells suppressors after the 3 letter agency visit. I don't know which company has comparable performance to it.

The long one is the DonnyFL Emperor and the short one is the DonnyFL Ronin. I use the Ronin on my FX Maverick .30cal pushing 90fpe, and it does a decent job. If you have a higher powered .30cal (like a Texan or something) then I'd suggest something Emperor sized.

Now here is the problem. DonnyFL no longer sells suppressors after the 3 letter agency visit. I don't know which company has comparable performance to it.
TPS still carry a full line up DonnyFL moderator.

Reactions: N2 Shooter

I am pretty sure donnyfl is back in business. Saw moderators on his website yesterday.

Thanks, yup that was a solid muscular boar.

Shot placement is paramount, you don't really need tht much power if the shot is in the right place.

Check out this young but not so small boar at all go down with a Baracuda .177 shot from a Disco at 17 FPE

I took a very similar shot at 50yds with my evanix rainstorm and 13.4g knockouts, lights out. 36fpe, and I love it. You are right too, outside of the airgun world they will not believe it.

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66