Hm1000x or m3 impact .25

Hello all,

I am looking for some insight from owners of the impact m3 and raw hm1000x. I am looking at purchasing one of these in .25. I just want to know your thoughts as I am looking for a gun I can stretch a little distance with and practice at 100yds or so to challenge my shooting skills. I know they are different guns and different setups. Just interested in both guns but can only purchase one for now. I currently have a wildcat mk3 so I am use to a bullpup and also shoot powder burners.

Thanks for any help or insight you can provide.

Hooper

Both are very nice guns and will get the job done. You mentioned 100 yds and if shooting from bench I would highly consider the Raw. My .30 raw.
IMG_0190.jpg

I bought an M3 Impact in 25 cal and couldn't be happier. With the 580 CC bottle and 700 mm barrel I'm shooting 25.39 pellets at 920 FPS and getting over 150 shots per fill. Super accurate and infinitely adjustable, so you can tune it to shoot anything that you want. I am an FX fan and have never owned a Raw, so take that for what it's worth. The Raw warranty is only 1 year, if that's a consideration. Everyone has an opinion, and a favorite, but ultimately it's your money and your choice.

Thank you for the feedback so far! I know everyone has a bias as they should if they live that brand or gun and it has done them right! I am just curious between the two and know both are phenomenal guns. I am unfortunately in a position where I can’t drive to get my hands on both so figures I would reach out to people that have had experiences with them and would be knowledgable than me or what I see on YouTube. Thanks again for taking the time!

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
I have a hm1000x 25 cal I love it it's very accurate even at a 100 yards I also have a mk2 impact 25 cal set up with a M3 plenum and daul regs it is also really accurate at a 100 yards the raw has a stiffer barrel set up but the fx impact uses a larger magazine and has a ton of upgrades you can do to it they also have bottles for them from 300 cc to 700 cc that fit . The raw bottle is limited to a 500 cc bottle both are great guns raw I think is a tad cheaper

I have a RAW HMx my friend has an M3 Sniper both in .22, you will not go wrong with either choice! The advantages of the M3 are newer platform, way more upgrades and accessories available, interchangeable calibers much easier, a more compact bullpup platform. The RAW's advantages are it's a platform that has been around a long time and has been slowly perfected over the years( old school tech but bullet proof simple build to work on), the owner builds each one and tests accuracy at 100yds, so it's basically a custom built PCP. The M3 has much more power available on tap with easy to access external adjusters, a tinkerers dream! Just enjoy the one you acquire. Oh, Bhaur here on AGN has power upgrades (larger external plenum and hammer debounce device, more efficient valve) for RAW's now.

Hello all,

I am looking for some insight from owners of the impact m3 and raw hm1000x. I am looking at purchasing one of these in .25. I just want to know your thoughts as I am looking for a gun I can stretch a little distance with and practice at 100yds or so to challenge my shooting skills. I know they are different guns and different setups. Just interested in both guns but can only purchase one for now. I currently have a wildcat mk3 so I am use to a bullpup and also shoot powder burners.

Thanks for any help or insight you can provide.

Hooper

I’ve owned a few Impacts including 2 M3s. Impacts have always been noted for lousy triggers and the M3 is no better. Once you experience a RAW trigger it’s all over. Accuracy can be similar depending on the guy behind the trigger. All of my FXs have been sold and it’s doubtful I’ll ever own another one. RAWs customer service is head and shoulders above FXs. About the only thing the FX has over the RAW is a higher shot count.

Thanks again all for the input and expertise! I am pry looking at shooting pellets only and thinking if I did want to go after slugs the. Yes an impact would make more sense and I would pry drop down to a .22 due to bc. Then the questions is it worth getting both and having a dedicated slug gun and then a dedicated pellet gun. I mean who wouldn’t like 2 guns instead of 1

Both are great rifles, both are accurate. The M3 is probably capable of more power (from what I've seen) which comes in handy if you want to shoot heavier slugs. The extra power doesn't really matter though if you're only shooting pellets because you can only shoot a pellet so fast before accuracy starts to fade. I personally prefer FX because I do like the technology and the options that come along with that technology. But I also like FX because their customer service is the best I've experienced in the air gun world. Downside to FX is their quality control and when I buy a new rifle I do so knowing that there will most likely be something to cause me to send it in right away, which I hate to admit. But again, their customer service is the best and I know that in a week or two my rifle will be back in my hands and I won't have anymore problems with it as long as I do my part as a competent owner.
You'll get mixed opinions on any brand, but few will tell you the entire story and will only boast about the good points of what they own. I can't speak of RAW's customer service because I've never experienced it, but I have experienced FX's customer service and as a business owner myself I can tell you that they're top notch and a companies customer service should be high up on your list of things to take into consideration when making your purchase.

I had RAW probably 7 years ago, got rid of it and have gone to a Crown and Impact MKII, throw in a Regal. I don't know if I got bored with it or just what. As someone mentioned, if you go with a RAW you're pretty much stuck with that same caliber. Not sure what the cost of replacing the barrel, pellet probes and what-not would be. With slugs being the craze these days you're options may be limited if you decide to go down that road. With the FX's just you have the option of a great shooting Superior liner for pellets and quite a few slugs or you can go with a different liner $109 for a dedicated slug gun. I currently have my Impact set up as a 25cal, shooting mostly slugs and in 15 minutes can switch it over to 22 or 30cal. My Crown is currently set up as a 30cal shooting cast pellet and I can swap it over to 22cal in a few minutes. No doubt the RAW is a great gun though. Good luck on which ever way you decide to go.