• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hm1000x or m3 impact .25

Crown and RAW1000x is a better comparison, between the 2 crown is superior IMHO.

RAW: As someone als ready mentioned it’s best to find the ammo RAW likes and stick with it.

Crown: the adjustments let you fine tune the gun to almost infinite degrees, including change barrel caliber and length. With all the new higher BC ammo you need the ability to fine tune for them.

Certainly tuning isn’t for everyone but if you are true target shooter then you will want to shoot the newest higher BC which means fine tuning, when is the last time a F class or bench rest shooter shoot factory ammo? RAW is painful to tune! it doesn’t even have a gauge for regulator pressure so you have ZERO idea where it is and repeat the tune if you need to get back. Not to mention inefficient valving with hammer being way too heavy, why do you think they are so much louder than my impact at twice the power? My crown at same power as the RAW is almost silent with a moderator FRACTION the size of a RAW moderator. Sure, RAW is a very pretty gun and hand made and built like a tank and this and that…..if it doesn’t shoot the ammo I want how I want then what is the point? I don’t need an expensive wall piece.

Example: I want better results than what I found shooting .22 slugs so now I’m changing my long range guns to .25 cal. 20 minutes later both my bench crown and my impact are now .25 cal, obviously not fine tuned but that’s fraction of what it takes to tune a RAW. AND barrel kits are just a quick phone call away even with all the backorder/preorder.

Last edited:
If you want a gun to shoot and is accurate. The raw is the choice. If you want a gun that have many expensive aftermarket stuff that will cost as much as the gun itself and love to tune your gun over and over. The m3 is the choice.
I own a Crown and an Impact that are both bone stock. Neither do I constantly tune the guns. I tuned them to where they shoot accurately with my pellet of choice and left them there. But, if I decide to try different pellets, or slugs, or even calibers, both guns give me that capability. Additionally, if I did want to change the look of the gun or add to the capability I can buy add-ons. And though add-ons are expensive, they are in fact a fraction of what the gun cost. Personally, I like the flexibility of the FX guns.

Reactions: qball
Funny I'm running both my raw and impact at the same power level they are both as quiet as I need the to take birds at dairy farms with out spooking everything both 25 cal and both over 50 fpe am just as accurate with both guns and the raw has a heavier hammer. I love them both equally
Just curious which one would you choose first if you had to? I am hoping I can use this gun for a little hunting to. Have a wildcat for my walk around gun but could used this to post up on the open field

Probably the raw just because it would be less tempting to mod or add something to it because there is a ton of stuff for the fx impact. You still can mod or add to the raw for power and stuff but it's not as available I guess I would say if you end up getting a raw for hunting and hauling around get the chassis one it's lighter although it is not as pretty

I've owned RAWs and FXs in .25 cal. Personally I prefer the RAW. Each rifle has it's unique characteristics. The RAW is simple, easy to maintain, accurate and has the best trigger in the business. My Impact MKII .25 was not as accurate and I was tired of fiddling with all the whiz-bang controls. I'm a shooter, not a tuner. You might consider a Cricket. Those are good shooting rifles too. I had one of the originals and sorry I sold it.

Since 2018 the RAW HM1000x's all came with the larger plenum from the .35 caliber version, probably a cost savings in manufacturing, There RAW HM1000x LRT I purchased last month shot the following nine shot group while I was zeroing the rifle at thirty-six yards on a day with a moderate breeze using FX 44.8 grain Atomic Pellets not known for their accuracy. This was group was shot with fewer than fifty pellets down the barrel.

It wasn't a great day as I had little sleep, didn't catch my setting error in my LabRadar and didn't get any velocity readings and was only able to test two pellets and one slug before the wind made shooting useless for testing for precision. I'm not sure how the latest HM1000x's will shot slugs, but I've purchase a wide assortment of pellets and slugs spending close to $350 on them to see which ones my rifle will like.

As for tuning the the HM1000x, it takes more effort than the FX for sure. I'm buying a dual regulator (Regman) that will allow me to find the optimium regulator and hammer/spring setting while the gun is in the stock. I'm going to essentially adjust the regulator on the air all the way open, but control the actual tank pressure with a tethered line connected to the Regman and my 97 cu carbon fiber tank. I'll simply dial in the pressure I want which the Regman will hold constant, try my pellets and slugs and play with the hammer/spring adjustment while shooting with my LabRadar.

Once I know the ideal regulator pressure as shown on the Regman, I'll adjust the gun regulator using a Huma regulator tester.

I'll be polishing the barrel shortly and will post up results after I have a bit more time with my RAW HM1000x LRT.

Depending on my results I may consider adding a larger plenum like the one made by mubhaur on AGN. https://www.airgunnation.com/thread...gradations-with-new-technology-of-fx.1106482/

I've got a lot of testing ahead of me, but if it becomes obvious that another air rifle will end up significantly superior shooting .25 or .30 caliber slugs precisely and faster than any configuration of my HM1000x I'll consider it at some future time.

MDT Send it on RAW HM1000x LRT (9).jpg

Raw HM1000x LRT .30 Day 1_B (2).jpg

The calipers in a raw can be changed just as fast as any FX and roughly the same money.

Mags in both guns cost around $65
Raw probe is $25
Barrel with moderator and sleeve $460

That being said. fX barrel kits cost $400
Without probe, or mag…or CF liner.

On a raw, removing the probe is two grub screw.
Removing the barrel is three grub screws. I’m pretty sure I could do it inside of 5min.
I know from hm1000x .22 .25 .30 cal swaps there is no need to touch the regulator..slight HS adjustments is all that needs.
Obviously this is shooting pellets

I personally thing caliper changing jargon is a a marketing ploy…and the vast majority of ppl get their guns shooting well and never touch them again.

I personally thing caliper changing jargon is a a marketing ploy…and the vast majority of ppl get their guns shooting well and never touch them again.

I completely agree that most people will NOT touch the gun in any way shape or form! However the flexibility FX has is not a marketing jargon as MANY of us love the ability to change. Recreational shooters which is vast majority of people is fine with not changing a thing once a good combo is found. I also have a gun I simply don’t touch for field target but that’s because I don’t foresee the power limit changing at all.

anyone who is competitive will never leave their gun alone because they are constantly looking for more, granted we are the small minority of the bunch. bench rest or any other shooting competitions do not have power or ammo limit for the most part. With newer and better ammo coming out(or swags/cast your own) rather fast these days a truly competitive shooter will want to fine tune the gun to the new ammo whether it’s regulator or getting a longer barrel. JSB has the new 33 grain .22 pellets and it’s not as simple as turn up the hammer spring. Just like PB World if you don’t use the newer/better ammo then you will put yourself at a distinctive disadvantage. Being a competitor means you are constantly looking for that tiny little bit of edge or advantage over others in order to win. No one shows up to a bench rest or long range match with a Mosin or even the same exact gun/ammo/load as last year. Case and point is RMAC this year is won by a crown shooting the new .22 25 grain pellet as supposed to the traditional .25 and .30 pellets.

Last edited:
Thanks again all for the input and expertise! I am pry looking at shooting pellets only and thinking if I did want to go after slugs the. Yes an impact would make more sense and I would pry drop down to a .22 due to bc. Then the questions is it worth getting both and having a dedicated slug gun and then a dedicated pellet gun. I mean who wouldn’t like 2 guns instead of 1
Welcome into the rabbit hole that we all get sucked into.. :)

M3 = Slug (6 months minimum tuning and finding the magic bullet).
M3 = Pellets (Immediate fun).

M3 = High probability of operator error malfunctions.

M3 = Extreme power and versatility.
M3 = Unstable tuning in the medium term ....... You will constantly have to adjust your tuning with temperature changes.

RAW = I don't know it.
Really? I live in Arizona and tuned my .25 M3 when it was literally 110° in the shade. I took it out early yesterday morning when it was 70°, POI was spot on. A 40° temperature difference and I didn't need to change a thing.

Since 2018 the RAW HM1000x's all came with the larger plenum from the .35 caliber version, probably a cost savings in manufacturing, There RAW HM1000x LRT I purchased last month shot the following nine shot group while I was zeroing the rifle at thirty-six yards on a day with a moderate breeze using FX 44.8 grain Atomic Pellets not known for their accuracy. This was group was shot with fewer than fifty pellets down the barrel.

It wasn't a great day as I had little sleep, didn't catch my setting error in my LabRadar and didn't get any velocity readings and was only able to test two pellets and one slug before the wind made shooting useless for testing for precision. I'm not sure how the latest HM1000x's will shot slugs, but I've purchase a wide assortment of pellets and slugs spending close to $350 on them to see which ones my rifle will like.

As for tuning the the HM1000x, it takes more effort than the FX for sure. I'm buying a dual regulator (Regman) that will allow me to find the optimium regulator and hammer/spring setting while the gun is in the stock. I'm going to essentially adjust the regulator on the air all the way open, but control the actual tank pressure with a tethered line connected to the Regman and my 97 cu carbon fiber tank. I'll simply dial in the pressure I want which the Regman will hold constant, try my pellets and slugs and play with the hammer/spring adjustment while shooting with my LabRadar.

Once I know the ideal regulator pressure as shown on the Regman, I'll adjust the gun regulator using a Huma regulator tester.

I'll be polishing the barrel shortly and will post up results after I have a bit more time with my RAW HM1000x LRT.

Depending on my results I may consider adding a larger plenum like the one made by mubhaur on AGN. https://www.airgunnation.com/thread...gradations-with-new-technology-of-fx.1106482/

I've got a lot of testing ahead of me, but if it becomes obvious that another air rifle will end up significantly superior shooting .25 or .30 caliber slugs precisely and faster than any configuration of my HM1000x I'll consider it at some future time.

View attachment 294713

View attachment 294714Awesome group! I think and from what I've seen, the larger caliber RAW's (.25 & .30) are less slug fussy than the .22. Enjoy shooting it and I hope your barrel likes a few of the slug offerings!

Hello all,

I am looking for some insight from owners of the impact m3 and raw hm1000x. I am looking at purchasing one of these in .25. I just want to know your thoughts as I am looking for a gun I can stretch a little distance with and practice at 100yds or so to challenge my shooting skills. I know they are different guns and different setups. Just interested in both guns but can only purchase one for now. I currently have a wildcat mk3 so I am use to a bullpup and also shoot powder burners.

Thanks for any help or insight you can provide.

Hooper
What are you looking to do that would change if you get the 1000 or M3

Reactions: igolfat8
¿En serio? Vivo en Arizona y sintonicé mi .25 M3 cuando estaba literalmente a 110° en la sombra. Lo saqué temprano ayer por la mañana cuando estaba a 70 °, el punto de interés estaba en el punto. Una diferencia de temperatura de 40° y no tuve que cambiar nada.
Vivo en Punta Arenas, Patagonia de Chile y tengo diferencias de temperatura entre 14° y -5° centígrados....constantemente tengo que ajustarlo.

'