• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW Rapid HM1000X for 25m and 50m BR

G'day All,

Im from Australia and getting into Air Rifle BR. I already do Rimfire BR.

I shoot WRABF and want to shoot all three Air Rifle Classes, 25m Light (Sub 12Ftlb) 25m Heavy (Sub20ftlb) and 50m Unlimited. Preferably Id like a rifle to do all three but I dont think its doable and getting maximum accuracy, so will settle for 25m Heavy and 50m Unlimited. I want to run a 22cal. Happy to run Pellets but would like to try slugs for 50m.

Ive been looking at the RAW HM1000X. Will this do both sub 20Ftlb and above and be accurate??

Air Rifle BR is very new here in Australia still.

it's very difficult to have a regulator that is capable of that kind of extreme spread of pellet speeds and perform as expected. You would probably struggle getting it to shoot good for both HV and Unlimited. One or the other but that is a big velocity change from HV to Unlimited. You could do it with one rifle but I think you may need to have 3 different regulators built to swap out to shoot LV 12 ft. lbs., HV 20 ft, lbs. and unlimited classes 50+ ft lbs. Very do-able with different regulators and they are very quick and easy to swap out.
Martin Rutterford at Airguns-USA is the guru of everything RAW, Rapid and Theoben and would be happy to custom build whatever you may be looking for.
Thx
Dan
P.S. Many shooters would opt to buy 3 separate rifles for the 3 classes as once they get it dialed in for say Heavy Varmint, they are reluctant to take it apart and change their settings that took so long to dial in to perfection. Just saying! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranchibi
it's very difficult to have a regulator that is capable of that kind of extreme spread of pellet speeds and perform as expected. You would probably struggle getting it to shoot good for both HV and Unlimited. One or the other but that is a big velocity change from HV to Unlimited. You could do it with one rifle but I think you may need to have 3 different regulators built to swap out to shoot LV 12 ft. lbs., HV 20 ft, lbs. and unlimited classes 50+ ft lbs. Very do-able with different regulators and they are very quick and easy to swap out.
Martin Rutterford at Airguns-USA is the guru of everything RAW, Rapid and Theoben and would be happy to custom build whatever you may be looking for.
Thx
Dan
P.S. Many shooters would opt to buy 3 separate rifles for the 3 classes as once they get it dialed in for say Heavy Varmint, they are reluctant to take it apart and change their settings that took so long to dial in to perfection. Just saying! :)
What he said. All things are true.