• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hill MK4 Hose Leak & Idea

The hose on my Hill MKIV pump is leaking. The leak is coming from the area pointed out by the red arrow. I'm thinking the blue arrow probably points to an o-ring and I'll bet that's what failed. The pump is a few years old but doesn't have much use on it. Is there a possibility of fixing this hose? What's the best place to get a new one from?

Hill-MKIV-Leak.jpg

Taking this apart also gave me an idea. Having the hose attached to the pump has always been a little bit inconvenient when moving it around. Couldn't I put a quick disconnect on the pump where this hose attached and use any hose whip? Would you put a male fitting on the pump, like the GX CS4 has?

Yeah on the QD thing, thread in a male QD at the pump, then source a microbore hose with female QD’s at each end and you’ll be golden.
Do put some rubber cap on that male fitting at the pump, though, to keep debris from getting in. A male to male coupling with your hose wound up and ends connected will keep your hose insides clean, too