• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hill MK4 hand pump issue

I've had my Hill MK4 hand pump for about 1 1/2 years. It's been good for me until about a week ago. I started to notice that when I'm pumping up my gun, sometimes it felt as though the air wasn't going into the gun. And now it's happening with about 50% of the pump strokes. I don't hear any air leaking. It simply seems like the air is not always getting into the gun.

My questions are: Does this require the rebuild kit? Or does something need to be reseated or lubed? Also, if it needs the rebuild kit, the kit seems to be $10 cheaper from Airguns of Arizona than anywhere else. Would there be any difference in the kit?

Are the Youtube videos the best source for detailed instructions for the rebuild?

Thank you

I had that same problem on my mk3 and mk4 hills. It would not fill with air or would be really hard when going up. Switch to compressor and never look back. I dont even know why ppl are still using hand pump. Back then compressor cost $3000 TO $5000 so i get it. But now a days compressor cost like $250 to $300. Not much more than a hill hand pump.

I've had the issue of the Hill MK4 fighting me on the up stroke 2 times. First time was shortly after I bought it. I contacted Hill and they sent me some seals and instructions to address that specific issue. After 2 years of pumping my Marauder, it did it again, so I completely took it apart, cleaned, lubed and installed all new seals. Works well again, but, I bought a Yong Heng recently and have been super happy! A couple guys I shoot with also have the Yonger. A big down side to a compressor is that you go through pellets 4 times faster! That's no joke. 

Here is a picture of the instruction sheet supplied by Hill. 
20211212_145021.1648659628.jpg

And the parts kit they sent
20211212_144952.1648659676.jpg

Parts kit number Z4128-201