• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hill EC-3000

I'm going to add a C to F chart to the compressor for conversion, the software on the compressor has no option to change it to Fahrenheit :cautious:
Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 8.10.35 AM.jpg

I now have over 5 hours on mine and with the additional moisture filter (alpha from Joe B) and the second fan (again thanks @Ca_Varminter) my unit did not go over 57C filling 3 guns up in a row and no cool down. As you mentioned @Goldwing, the condensate that comes out of the standard moisture filter indicates it is working well. I may get a "guppy" tank for for quick infield air loads, which may push the Hill a bit as it was really made for air guns only. Anyone with a HIll fill up small cf tanks?

I now have over 5 hours on mine and with the additional moisture filter (alpha from Joe B) and the second fan (again thanks @Ca_Varminter) my unit did not go over 57C filling 3 guns up in a row and no cool down. As you mentioned @Goldwing, the condensate that comes out of the standard moisture filter indicates it is working well. I may get a "guppy" tank for for quick infield air loads, which may push the Hill a bit as it was really made for air guns only. Anyone with a HIll fill up small cf tanks?
I have a 9L tank on the way out of China, should get it this week for a report (y)
Screen Shot 2022-11-19 at 3.33.47 PM.jpg

What's the story using the DIN300?
My Guppy tank like my 88 cu-ft uses a standard Jubilee DIN valve...
I don' t like using those Double ended Forster nipple fitting with the tanks hose.
The DIN300 fitting will screw directly into the DIN Port, after I unscrew the hose assembly..
Mini-Tank3.jpg

Here is the DIN Port
20200723_152158.jpg

DIN-Foster.JPG

My W31 Full size compressor uses a Direct to DIN connection too......

Stuart

Some of the negative revives are BS, the compressor in cool mornings use NEVER stops to cool off and is QUICK to fill a 700cc bottle in minuets and bleeds out the moisture with it patented system.
Some are chiming in that don't even have one :cautious:
Mine works fine and similarly quick. With a desicant pre filter the amount of water when purging has greatly reduced. I have and run the compressor in my slighly humid basement.

looks like you are well prepared with filters Mahoni.

when filling larger bottles I've been limiting my fill to 290 bar - just to keep a little headroom and safety on the compressor. It's been pretty solid but since my guns aren't air hogs nor have 300 bar reservoirs I see no point. I've never run out of air with my 6.8 liter bottle over a weekend of shooting.

I would do this with any compressor

I've owned a Hill Ec-3000 for 1 year now and have had no issues with it. It fills 600cc guns from half to full quickly. When I fill my 75cf tank from half to full it takes a bit more time but I don't mind. The only recommendation I can give when filling with any of these smaller at home systems is to try and fill on days when humidity levels in the air are low.

I looked at just about every compressor available for PCP filling when I got tired of filling a guppy every week (largest the paintball shop would fill). Hand pumped Marauder a few times but that got old. Wasn’t keen on YH’s at time of research as I read about a lot of issues. I bought the Omega Air Charger and added a molecular sieve.
It worked great, owned it about a year with no issues. Sold it to a buddy who is using it with no issues as well. I sold it because I was retiring and knew I would be shooting more and was buying two 74cf carbon fibers and wanted a bigger more robust compressor so bought an Alkin W31.
Would not hesitate buying a Omega Trail Charger if I had to do it over again, filling just guns and guppies.
It might fill the 74’s without an issue but I did not want to push it.
YMMV

I top off my Guppy tank without any Drama!!
It only gets it's full 4500 psi fill when I wheel out the Old W31 though.......
Mini-Tank3.jpg

88-17_small.jpg

I use a DIN300 to Foster adapter to fill my Guppy Tank..
DIN-Foster.JPG

Stuart

Sorry for the thread revival.

@Ca_Varminter What pressure are you comfortable filling your Guppy up to (when filling from your Hill Ec-3000)?

@Ca_Varminter @Pfddi @SDstephan (or anyone else that is running a second pancake fan)....did you change the flow direction of the OEM fan? I ask because I see in the pics that the flow is pointed at the compressor housing. My OEM fan is also pointed at the comp housing (from the other side). Just thinking that the two would be fighting against each other if they are in opposing flow directions.