• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hill EC-3000

Can I switch the readout to Fahrenheit over Celsius ?
No...
Been using mine for 6 months with Zero Problems...
I did add and auxiliary moisture separator and pancake fan to get more air flow over the multi-stage cylinder...
Separator51.jpg

Hill%20aux%20fan1.jpg

Having a small separator on the EC3000... I just felt it couldn't hurt to add another one..
It also has molecular sieve and filter pads..
I like to Over-engineer my projects.... Being an engineer doesn't hurt either....
I'm thinking of removing the green sheet metal part because of how it rattles when pumping
What's the link to the filter you got for the compressor?

I noted on the fist few fills it used almost all the crank oil and had to refill it with almost the rest of the crank oil bottle that came with the compressor
Is this normal for a brand new unit, getting oil deep into the compressor for the first time?
Thanks
I have about 5 hours on mine and the oil level has not changed since I first filled the unit.
Something seems suspect Dan.
Send an email to Hill - they are pretty good about responding within a day or so.

Reactions: Goldwing
Interesting, there must be more Chiefs than Indians in the company with conflicting recommendations, someone must have missed the memo

Ollie Kardoosh
Don’t attempt to attach it to the chassis of the compressor since the vibration tends to cause the media to give off dust in some designs. Ensure it’s a decent bit of kit, since there have been a few instances of very cheap ones on the market with insufficient wall thickness resulting in explosive failure due to cyclic fatigue

@Goldwing - I can say that Oille's position is correct from the view of the Hill pump due to many differences in the quality of construction of the filter. The Alpha inline filter is very well made and I believe it could be substituted for a police baton and do just fine! I would think twice about a filter that was not up to the same level as the Alpha for direct mounting.

Reactions: Goldwing
@Goldwing - I can say that Oille's position is correct from the view of the Hill pump due to many differences in the quality of construction of the filter. The Alpha inline filter is very well made and I believe it could be substituted for a police baton and do just fine! I would think twice about a filter that was not up to the same level as the Alpha for direct mounting.
Is this the filter you got?