Hill EC-3000

I have had one since Dec and love it.

Received speedy replies the two times I had questions and e-mailed them.

They seem to keep on top of things and post repair videos and where to get parts from time to time. Also they have a service manual rev. 2 out that shows how to replace things like valves as they wear. It could be improved on by adding things like torque values for bolts.

They do have one repair video 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t7sv2t3Css 

that is very concerning to me. Looks to me like this fix permanently welds the motor shaft and pump together. Maybe I am missing something but seems like a bad fix because something (like the woodruff key in the shaft??) was not designed correctly, misaligned or machined out of spec.

Reactions: Topgun203
Does anyone know if Hill sells rebuild kits for the EC-3000? I'm considering one but won't purchase one until I know I can get rebuild kits..

-Eric

C41EF8E3-1F12-4A2D-B3D4-43955F01272C.jpeg

5CE7C202-8C4B-47AC-90EC-2CEA993089E0.jpeg

6007116A-CAC4-43D1-B6BB-69664954D5DD.jpeg

26DA68F8-EB54-4D38-807D-5163691C3135.jpeg

On their site they list an extended service kit...hills extended service kit
I includes all reed valves, rubber ball valves, O-ring , Seals and other parts...
So this will rebuild the compressor's compressing components... Looking for more, just email Hill's

Here is mine with an extra purifier. It will separate water and filter the air. It also contains molecular sieve to make sure the air is dry!
Separator51.jpg

I also added an extra muffin fan. help cool the cylinder and help condensing out the water.
Hill%20aux%20fan1.jpg

Stuart

Reactions: Topgun203
The filter is the Carette filter from Joe Brancato @ topgun-airgun.com.
The extra muffin fan is just a standard 120mm x 120mm dual ball-bearing brushless 12v dc...Amazon has them..

For maintenance just follow the instructions!.... Hill has a great collection of Youtube videos on how to take apart and do routine maintenance. Also on Hill site has the maintenance documents and kits with everything you would need for each 50 hour interval!

hth, Stuart