Hill Ec-3000 water oil separator

how can I tell if i am getting any water into my tanks/gun?

When I bleed the compressor I get a lot of water from the bleed valve. Hopefully nothing is getting into my guns

You can get a smallish cotton filter and install it at the end of the line just before your gun. If it gets damp you are getting water i your gun. If it stays dry it's not happening.

I installed one on the end of my desiccant filter to let me know when it's time to change the media cartridge out

I have the Hill EC-3000 since a few months and have around 30hrs runtime on it.

I use it to fill my M3, my Maverick my two carbon fiber bottles 3L and 6L.
Last week i was asking myself the same question so i decided to fully release the air of the 6L bottle to find out if there is any moisture inside.

What can i say - when all the air was blown out, i turned the bottle around and there was not a single drop of water coming out. Also the air that came out of the bottle felt completely dry.
Note: You´ll always have a bit of silicone oil in compressed air - but i think thats more of a benefit than a disadvantage in a PCP gun.

Reading through this thread pleasantly reaffirms for me that Hill EC3000 is a good compressor for me. I especially like the concept of installing the cotton filter at the end of the fill line. I have a desiccant filter on my intake and between it and the intake a small cotton filter to intercept any desiccant particles that may enter the intake. Living in Colorado I pick low humidity days to fill air guns. I have thought to get a small tank for topping of 480 to 580 cc bottles. I also have begun using a fan to help cool the compressor.

Reading through this thread pleasantly reaffirms for me that Hill EC3000 is a good compressor for me. I especially like the concept of installing the cotton filter at the end of the fill line. I have a desiccant filter on my intake and between it and the intake a small cotton filter to intercept any desiccant particles that may enter the intake. Living in Colorado I pick low humidity days to fill air guns. I have thought to get a small tank for topping of 480 to 580 cc bottles. I also have begun using a fan to help cool the compressor.

I have been thinking about an air dryer filter on the intake side of my Hill compressor. Can you describe your set-up? Did you tie into the threads used to connect the stock filter to the intake check valve, or did you keep the original filter and Rube Goldberg the dryer in front of it? If so, what was the thread size? What size piping so as not to restrict flow? I'm leaning to a double cylinder system, each filled with desiccant beads and tied together with a "Y" (to not restrict flow) and going into a particulate filter (an inline $15 cylinder type) before screwing into the pump intake, similar to what you describe.

Thank you for your time to respond,

JE, reporting from the Cascadia Subduction Zone

I have added the alpha filter on mine and have no moisture in any of my guns. I don't use it to top off tanks, so I can't say but the combination has been working very well.
IMG_3728.JPG

I have the Hill EC-3000 since a few months and have around 30hrs runtime on it.

I use it to fill my M3, my Maverick my two carbon fiber bottles 3L and 6L.
Last week i was asking myself the same question so i decided to fully release the air of the 6L bottle to find out if there is any moisture inside.

What can i say - when all the air was blown out, i turned the bottle around and there was not a single drop of water coming out. Also the air that came out of the bottle felt completely dry.
Note: You´ll always have a bit of silicone oil in compressed air - but i think thats more of a benefit than a disadvantage in a PCP gun.
Construction of valve will not allow water to spill out of the tank.
F8AAF4BB-1E7E-445F-ABB6-9D0B48C840E1.png