• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hill ec-3000 PCP Compressor leaking

My Hill ec-3000 PCP Compressor is leaking a tiny tiny bit from the glas window screw where you can se the oil crank level, it was very loose, so I tighten it 2 times now, dont dare to tighten it more. Will se tomorrow if it stays now, its not much, but still I want to fix it ....

My question is, Is it safe to tilt the Hill 45 degrees so this level glas is much higher, this way I can remove it and check the gasket under, without having to let the oil drain first.

Im just worried if tilting is so much will cause the crank oil to go places where it should not be.

The other problem is, if I drain the oil while it is standing first, then I dont know how to get it in again, I dont have anything that small to get it in that small filling hole, and the crankoil bottle you get is sealed, so you cant get it inside that bottle again...

MOD EDIT: MOVED TO COMPRESSORS

You should be able to tighten that window nut with an adjustable wrench. At worst you could just put a small pan to catch the oil if you loosened it enough to take the window nut off completely. That way you can just replace any oil that comes out. But you shouldn't need to check it that way.

If the Hill crankcase is designed like the Chinese compressor crankcases, then there isn't an o-ring or gasket seal behind that nut. For oil, it's not necessary. Most of the time just hand tight is enough to seal this nut from leaking oil. Use an adjustable wrench and when it feels tight, stop. It shouldn't leak oil at that point unless it's defective. The fact that you could tighten it a couple of turns just confirms it wasn't screwed in enough. This shouldn't be a big problem.