Hill EC-1000 relief valve failure and YH issue

So the 2nd time I am filling my omega 100 cu in bottle, at 270 bar the relief valve blows and air is hissing through the vent hole. Depressurized it, ran it for a bit with the bleed screw open, and try filling just the hose with a foster plug... pops again at 200 bar. 

I'm of the opinion I got a defective relief valve. Seems a simple fix, I just need to find a new valve. Any suggestions?

So I have my Yong Heng as a backup, but it keeps blowing the seal on the central top of the tower, the metal o-ring (Dowty seal). I replaced it x 2 and same thing...only filling guns with it. (I upgraded the cooling pump and run it to 200 gph , use with ice in 5 gallons and also have a an industrial squirrel fan on it... temps were mid 50s when it blew again). 

Need suggestions on a better quality Dowty ring? Anyone happen to know the size of the dowdy ring? Anyone use rings I don't have to buy from china?

Thanks gents

-Pick

I can barely understand a lick of what you guys are talking about. Any suggestions besides random internet reading for like an organized course on this kind of thing? It would have to be online, as my job is 24/7 caretaker. I have the same tank and am ill-prepared to address issues, especially when I can't understand the answers even if you get 'em ...

I can barely understand a lick of what you guys are talking about. Any suggestions besides random internet reading for like an organized course on this kind of thing? It would have to be online, as my job is 24/7 caretaker. I have the same tank and am ill-prepared to address issues, especially when I can't understand the answers even if you get 'em ...

It's not rocket science. M is for metric and 12 is for the diameter in mm for the size of the stud or bolt that you want to seal. There are replacements supplied in the spares kit but I assume that the op has already consumed his. I recently bought a kit from AliExpress containing 100 assorted sizes from M6-M16 for less than $10. The op is looking to get something locally. I can't help with that but if you don't mind waiting, that or eBay is the cheapest option. I'm not convinced that the local product will be of better quality or even if it is even made locally anyway. 

It's an M12

Well I'll give it shot. 

Think the top blew again b/c I replaced the seal with an M14. Too big. 

Decent reference for bonded seals: http://www.potterassoc.com/pdf/bonded_seal_information_and_sizing_chart.pdf

I'm going to order a set on Amazon: Wish me luck! Here

Now I gotta deal with the darn Hill EC-3000 relief valve venting at ~ 200 bar.

Not a lot of difference between 12mm and 14mm but I suppose it could be enough to cause a problem. I assume you are sure that there is no damage to the top of the tower and/or the bottom of the fitting that could be cutting the seal?

Thanks to all who responded. 

The Dowty seals I ordered from amazon (see link above) are thus far awesome. YH filled my great white to 300 bar after installing the better seal. Replaced all the Dowty seals with it... so far utterly bomber. 👍

EC-3000 issue was also solved (I'm not really sure how) by installing the same Dowty seal (as above from Amazon) on the relief valve. The Hill now happily filled anything I threw at it (including the great white to 300 bar) without issue. 

I'm elated! Ecstatic! I have 2 solid compressors now.