Hill compressor question

Yes, made in England sold here in the US through Air Venturi. Be aware, Hill is now selling a newer version, the one on sale at Pyramyd Air is the older version. I don't know all the details of the new one other than new valves and firmware update, so the one on sale is still a good deal. The new valves come in the 100 hour rebuild kit, they replace the ball valves, so if you do get the older one, the valves can be replaced with the newer valves. I don't know if the firmware can be updated or where you can even get the update.

The latest Hill compressor 'evo' fills to 310 bar, especially for the US market, the firmware on the earlier model can't be updated, not a big issue. The Evo also automatically releases some pressure on cooling cycle.

Most of the other upgrades on the evo model are taken care of with a service kit. Bullet valve, shuttle valve upgrade etc.

My 3 years old EC 3000 had a 50 hour service a few months ago, running like new.

I'd recommend either version. But definitely built in the UK, built not assembled.🙂

Reactions: AlabamaLarry
I've got one with a bit over 11 hours on it and it is from Air Venturi. I've been blowing 5k burst disks on it and am trying to get it resolved with both HIll and Air Venturi. The board does not shows the filling pressure anywhere from 10 to 30 bar low when its running. When I stop it, the pressure corrects to what it actually is. I have not heard back from either of them now for a week which is extremely disappointing. Other s on the forum have had great service, but I seem to have the ball dropped. I have to manually stop the fill so I don't go over my gun's rate pressure and the Huben K1 blows the burst disk every time! I'm on the fence at the moment as I really like the compressor over the Chinese variants, but the service I've had is starting to become upsetting. At this point I would say "be careful"! I have not heard back from either company now in 7 days...

I've got one with a bit over 11 hours on it and it is from Air Venturi. I've been blowing 5k burst disks on it and am trying to get it resolved with both HIll and Air Venturi. The board does not shows the filling pressure anywhere from 10 to 30 bar low when its running. When I stop it, the pressure corrects to what it actually is. I have not heard back from either of them now for a week which is extremely disappointing. Other s on the forum have had great service, but I seem to have the ball dropped. I have to manually stop the fill so I don't go over my gun's rate pressure and the Huben K1 blows the burst disk every time! I'm on the fence at the moment as I really like the compressor over the Chinese variants, but the service I've had is starting to become upsetting. At this point I would say "be careful"! I have not heard back from either company now in 7 days...
Personally I have always had excellent service from Hill, perhaps most staff are currently on summer break.

Hopefully you get sorted soon.

Update - Air Venturi and Hill decided to have me send it back as they want to figure out what went wrong. Kudos to them. They even sent me a prepaid shipping label back to them. And the AV customer rep apologized for it taking so long. I'm just disappointed that I will be out my compressor for a while. Don't know how long it will take, but progress is taking place!

Update - I got the compressor back the other day. They replaced the motherboard. I filled up 5 guns and it worked perfectly. It actually seemed to fill a bit faster. It stopped below the setting - under 3-5 bar - and I appreciate that rather than being 3-5 over. Only downside is that the compressor had 11 hours on it and now it has none and I don't think I can modify that in the system, so it will be a "manual" process.

Reactions: MysticalDragon
It weighs a little over 50 pounds so it's not what one would call "portable" That being said I do take mine out with me on hunting outings but I have a van to haul all my stuff so it's not a space problem. It is getting harder to lift it in the car as I am an old fart! I have run it from an inverter that I have in my car, so it would probably do well with your Yamaha. I broke down and got a cf tank that I fill (with another compressor) when I go to the range, but before the other gear I did take the Hill to the range.

Reactions: Jerkey