• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

high end vs budget scope is there a difference

I chose middle of the road with the Element Titan scope and an Acebeam E-10 red light for night shooting. With the Titians' 56mm objective, 34mm tube and ED glass along with the E-10 focused light, I can shoot out through the pitch black woods to 50 yards plus without any other light source being needed. Probably not as good as an actual night scope like you may have been using??? ( I stopped watching shortly after the soda can was killed), but very doable and a lot less expensive. It was a gamble I took that worked out for night shooting on a budget.

So where's the line between high end and budget?

There lies the question.

Budget or "affordable" are malleable terms. What one finds affordable or budget friendly another may not be able to afford. We run into this in the watch forums regularly. What is an affordable watch? Depends on your ability to afford it.

I wonder what the masses on this forum consider budget or affordable vs high end. I own scopes that span the ranges. To me, anything under say $300 is "affordable". Budget may be under $100?? High end is part cost part features... 

Well, for me looking at what digital night scopes cost and what high-end scopes cost and only being able to budget for one scope for day and night shooting along with wanting decent magnification for precision shooting, my setup mentioned above gives me what I need within reach. Spending three grand on a night scope is just not going to happen...I just can't do it whether I had the money or not. There is no night pest worth spending that amount on. I'll add that the Titan scope was purchased used, but came to me like brand new, and has a lifetime no questions ask warranty. I am very impressed with both the scope and the light, so all is well with my choices and I can shoot and enjoy them with what I paid for them. It is part of keeping my toys within my budget without having to pay much more for them on credit, which is why I was able to afford them to begin with.