• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

High end target guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
this same type of dishonest bs has been going on since i was a kid with gun sellers .. they'll take the extras that came from the factory with the gun out of the box and sell them to you .. i was worried about it with my last purchase where i 'knew' there was supposed to be 3 mags with the gun and seeing the chatter around the net its common to only get one .. i got lucky and it came with everything .. but yeah thats americans these days .. about half of them are dishonest pos's .. way it is ..

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/a-heads-up-to-those-that-may-be-interested-in-high-end-target-guns/#post-968613

I have been fine with Scott however I probably spent a lot more money with him over the years.

At least he sells TOP QUALITY ITEMS and gives great service. I paid DOUBLE for items from a local gun dealer too compared to Natchez and Midway when I didn't wanna wait so good to SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESS-! 

For YOU folks just go with it- (fits the mood eh-?)-

https://youtu.be/TnNG3pzhQNk

https://youtu.be/GgAfk9NtfYo

Reactions: me-
BTW no difference when buying high dollar Chinese compressors 4sale (from an unnnamed airtanks dealer) that's supposed to include everything including extra parts that you end up paying extra for later. 

Said China compressor- ppl gotta order parts on their own from China like Douger mentioned. Dayjd just got lucky but still had to pay outa pocket for repair parts.

ALSO- Whenever you buy a NEW CAR OR TRUCK OR SUV from the local dealerships they charge a marked up destination fee and ADDITIONAL dealer markup (SAYS RIGHT THERE ON ALL THEM WINDOW STICKERS) and for stuff that already supposed to come with them like floor matts undercoat rust proofing and splash guards and clear coat. Some even jack up the title transfer fees well over what they actually cost plus dealer prep fees (really-? They gotta shine the car anyway after peeling all the white protective shipping film off of their paint-!)

this same type of dishonest bs has been going on since i was a kid with gun sellers .. they'll take the extras that came from the factory with the gun out of the box and sell them to you .. i was worried about it with my last purchase where i 'knew' there was supposed to be 3 mags with the gun and seeing the chatter around the net its common to only get one .. i got lucky and it came with everything .. but yeah thats americans these days .. about half of them are dishonest pos's .. way it is ..

Do you really believe half of Americans are dishonest POS? Harsh unnecessary comment.

Reactions: me-
Mike, you are factually incorrect in all your assumptions. 

As I explained to you by email

"quote

to explain the current situation we must go back 7 or 8 years. For several decades, CO2 and then PCP pistols came with two cylinders (No mechanical reason, just only that the space was available in the box it seems to me). Nonetheless they came with two cylinders for many years. About 7 or 8 years ago, Walther and then FWB started selling their pistols with only ONE cylinder and an accordingly cheaper price. This put Steyr pistols at a disadvantage as suddenly they looked several hundred dollars more expensive in comparison. So together with our biggest catalog retailer, Champions

Choice, we made the decision to drop one cylinder from the Steyr package to match the competitors, with a correspondly lower price.

That has been the situation until March of this year. We were notified from several sources that FWB and Walther were going back to two cylinder pricing (FWB apparently had last fall sometime, but got unnoticed in the Covid craziness). We discussed this with Champions Choice along with the fact that Steyr factory pricing was going up with all brands with the new catalog mailing in May or June. And actually that planned meeting with CC is this afternoon. So we expected another 6-8 weeks of single cylinder pricing.

Sooooo we were quite surprised to learn this week from a caller that CC was now offering two cylinders on their guns on their website. Needless to say it is a point I plan to bring up with them as to what happened.

In regards to your personal situation. I would offer you the second cylinder for your gun for $105 shipped.

end quote. 

the POINT is you were sold a gun with single cylinder pricing, just like as if you had bought a Feinwerkbau or Walther with a single cylinder.

You have NO valid complaint. 

Secondly your points about grips are just plain ludicrous. 

You did not pay extra for XL grips.

You would not have gotten two grips if purchased from Champions Choice is a catalog retailer and you get no options or frills with the guns purchased through them. You get silver cylinders and an option of two right grip sizes and one left. They do not want to open the box and change grips.

We at Pilkguns are full service dealer focused on one product line, Steyr and therefore keep in stock all cylinder colors and all grips sizes , thats BLue, Black, Gold and Silver cylinders and all grip sizes from XXS to XXL . You also get a few extra goodies in the box when purchased from us. 

For the record, I have been sole authorized Steyr importer since 1998, That's 23 years for those of you that can't do math. And was a dual importer for few years previous to that 

Guns from Precision, ANA, Alan Zasadny, Champions Choice, etc have all came through me in one form or another. 

Only Steyr service center with the exception of Alan guns since they are modified to his specs.

Scott Pilkington

Status
Not open for further replies.