high end scope

I have been looking at scopes in the $2000..2500 range..I know I must hold in my hand and look thru them..not ordering blind..came across this picture..I do wear glasses and wondering what this person is doing with his voodoo rifle.I have been using Athlon Argos 6x 24x 50 on my crowns..I want stronger at 100 yards and beyond.
IMG_0964.jpg

I have been looking at scopes in the $2000..2500 range..I know I must hold in my hand and look thru them..not ordering blind..came across this picture..I do wear glasses and wondering what this person is doing with his voodoo rifle.I have been using Athlon Argos 6x 24x 50 on my crowns..I want stronger at 100 yards and beyond.View attachment 446967
I'm pretty sure that is just a scope cam via a smartphone...

...I want stronger at 100 yards and beyond.
My benchmark for a long range scope is ...
... put a business card on the target @ 100 and try to read it with a full magnification.
if the picture is sharp and clear - that glass is worth a consideration.
I am a big fan of Japanese scopes, many could be found starting at $1000 from Krales, unfortunately I could never collect enough eu's for a German glass but I had a chance to look through some.

I may not know what that man is doing, but at 64, wearing glasses, I needed a stronger scope. So, I chose the Athlon Argos BTR GEN2 8-34x56, and now I have no trouble hitting steel targets 6 to 8 inches in size from 200 yards or more. Previously, I had an Athlon Talos BTR 4-14x44. I'm fond of the Athlon line. After using high-end scopes priced around $2000, it's difficult to consider the lower-end models again.

Reactions: rangur1 and tibor