• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

High-end gun recommend, shooting distance 100 yards the above

Currently, I only consider buying one for long-distance shooting. If only accuracy is discussed, other Remove, you recommend which one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF14FM6TkMs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNDdmNCRaC4

I see the accuracy of Brocock Sniper XR Magnum in the video is very good

Or is it better to buy Impact MKII directly? Because many people buy it? But I don’t know its accuracy?

Which caliber is recommended?

For the $500 difference in price between the Brocock and FX Impact I would surly purchase the FX Impact based on your observations, questions and requirements. The upside of the FX is unquestionable.Accurate , flexible calibers, tunable and AGN support that is second to none.

.22 give you a great selection of ammo.

What is your priority?

Be safe and shoot straight,

Patrick

Hi, 

I have been fortunate to own most of the rifles mentioned so far, I am a fanboy of 100+ yards accuracy so brand is irrelevant.

From a high of 7 rifles gathering dust I have reduced the stable down to 2, impact .22 and agt uragan .25.

I have owned 3 impacts, and worked on more than a few others. They can be bonkers accurate, I must emphasise that they generally need attention to be bonkers, there was that one gun, that was hand picked and sent to the local distributor before politics ensued in the local airgun market that was the exception...

I have owned three AGT product, they also needed work, but much less, and they are very robust. It has a CZ barrel that likes to be polished when new and cleaned after 100 or so shots. In the Uragan format it is very good.

IMHO, the barrel is the heart of any shooting system, the stuff around it is secondary, so choose what fits your eye and try and select a good barrel, or a gun that allows you to change that barrel...

For 100yd+ get 257 texan and external regulator. None of the traditional airgun calibers can beat that at long distances. You get BC numbers 3-5x higher.

If you want to spend real big money for real high end airgun look into Drummen Sinner 223cal https://www.drummencustomguns.com/en/dz-sinner/36-dz-sinner-223.html that gun is usually winner of 100meter indoor competitions and uses bullets identical to 22lr and makes 120fpe. Or Beaumont https://www.airguns.nl/product/pcp-buksen/783/pcp-buksen-beaumont--grizzly-223-160-joules-walnut-target-stock#totalDescription

Those should be real sub Moa airguns even with 10shot groups. 

ER tuned cricket compact.22. jsb 18.1 @ 860.
1598801896_13772169115f4bc7e8cb2f64.90882067.jpg

Edgun R5M .22 

Tuned to shoot FX hybrids at 920 fps. 

This 7 round group at 198 yrds, prone, bipod. Bear in mind thats a 3 inch target and the only way I knew I was even close was the "thwack" of hitting wood. That's basically a 1 MOA group. 

1598844045_13163809525f4c6c8d94a511.94343097.jpg

For long range lead hurling, I would also give serious consideration to these rifles in .22/.25/.30:

- RAW Hm1000x LRT

-Daystate Red Wolf

-Taipan Long 

-AGT Uragan

(There are others that I have zero experience with so no comment... by word of mouth Evol and Airforce)

FX impacts has many faults especially the earlier ones but it's hard to beat due to it's tune-ability, flexibility and overall user experience. Keep in mind I don't have brocock, taipan nor Edgun.

Thinks I like about the Impact:

Flexibility: I changed mine from 25 to 22, relatively easy and not too expensive

Tune-ability: This is where it really shines! I was constantly changing ammo and trying different things thanks to being new to the sport, being a nerd and plenty of time thanks to the lock down. I was able to tune mine in .25 to shoot in the backyard @700 FPS to hunting @900 FPS with just a few clicks of a dial. Then changed to .22 barrel and now I can change from shooting slugs at 840-900FPS to backyard friendly 700 FPS with light pellets with just a few twists of 2 knobs.

Ergonomics and user experience: bullpup makes it easy to sling and carry when hunting, forward charging/cocking handle, awesome trigger, good balance, high shot count, high capacity........the lists goes on. The gun is simply sooooo smooth and pleasant to use in just about every aspect, it just feels right and natural. Whenever I try other guns I immediately notice things I don't like.

Modular: when new liners or ammo comes out it's easy to get it dialed in. I'm still waiting to score a 300CC bottle so I can convert mind to compact version

Very accurate: MOA at 100 yards is not difficult to achieve

Excellent power: with power plenum there is ample power for just about everything except for big game hunting but that's not what this gun is all about anyways

Things I don't like about the impact:

Pricey but compared to others it's really not that bad, daystate has multiple 3000 dollar guns

You gonna spend more because you will want different calibers and things to change it up because you could!

It has a lot of parts and ORings so maintenance will be a pain but lots of videos thanks to the huge community support like Earnest Row and many others

POI does change a little if you bump the barrel and some has POI change by taking moderator on and off, I only had issue with hard bump on the barrel which is rare. Most free floating barrels are far worse

Edgun R5M .22 

Tuned to shoot FX hybrids at 920 fps. 

This 7 round group at 198 yrds, prone, bipod. Bear in mind thats a 3 inch target and the only way I knew I was even close was the "thwack" of hitting wood. That's basically a 1 MOA group. 

1598844045_13163809525f4c6c8d94a511.94343097.jpg

For long range lead hurling, I would also give serious consideration to these rifles in .22/.25/.30:

- RAW Hm1000x LRT

-Daystate Red Wolf

-Taipan Long 

-AGT Uragan

(There are others that I have zero experience with so no comment... by word of mouth Evol and Airforce)

If it is Edgun R5M 0.25 caliber, is it suitable for long-range shooting like 198y? I watched the video 200y shooting almost all use 0.22 caliber

FX Boss (.30)! No tinkering AT ALL! Absolute consistency, reliability, accuracy, time & time & time & time & time again. NEVER any problems, but who wants that? Let's buy more expensive FX guns so we can post here about all the problems, blown o-rings, how to adjust this or that, it doesn't shoot the same since I "fixed" it, etc,etc. Who in their right mind would want a gun so BORINGLY perfect as THE BOSS? 

For serious long range the more affordable way to go would be with the AF platform. Most pellet guns have to be tinkered and modified to achieve enough power to get out to extreme ranges. Most manufacturers simply add a longer barrel to achieve the power, even then they are usually very inefficient with air and need to be maxed out beyond design. Really the only guns I've seen actually designed for long range are the Evol's. 

I've got two Huben K1's (2018 models) in .22 that are boringly accurate in mild winds at 200 and still kill zone in a coyote at 300 with Varmint Knockers 28.5 swaged hollowpoints. To really get them to tighten up the FPS needs to be 980 - 1050 in my experience. I refill to 4500psi after about 38 shots (2 mags) with the VK's, so they are pretty efficient with the air as well. Regulator is set on 19 mPa if that helps anyone else.

I have a 300 yard range literally out my back door and nothing is funner than being on conference calls, etc and plinking away quietly with the Hubens.