• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

High Dollar Compressor vs Chinese Compressors - to buy or not to buy . . .

Assembled? Italy by Coltri, imported by Daystate, resold to USA to AOA for distribution? I suspect, but I cannot assert, that PMA and AGD pick up the rejects and "fix them". And by "fix" I mean make it work, long enough. I'm not sure who makes the motor or start/run capacitors but it does at least have a motor plate and serial number.

It would be crazy if the same factory made both the high-end and low-end compressors with the same supervision and QC. Jokes on us all. lol. Sort of like how Panasonic made Optimus receivers back in the day. I still dont know how to justify the high priced compressors sold on popular airgun sites. What am I getting for $1500 that I am not getting for $500 total investment?

Funny you should say this. I just spent the better part of a month researching HPA compressors and manufacturers. HPDAVV is the one of worlds largest manufacturer of HPA compressors and supplies manyof those being sold on ebay, amazon and yes they make the Air Venturi and many other brands of HPA compressors out there. So I bought directly from them. They have service centers here in the US and in some cases they have US stock. My new HPDAVV compressor will be here tomorrow.

gmohr, thank you for your response. At the time when I was researching compressors I decided on the LC-110 made by Coltri because it was less expensive than the HPDAVV compressor which appeared to be very similar in construct. I would like to thank you for your research done and would like to ask, if possible, if you could cite your references to support the assertion made that 'HPDAVV is the one of worlds largest manufacturer of HPA compressors'. Thank you in advance!

I suspect, but cannot assert, that HPDAVV indeed manufacturers compressors both unique and copy-cat such as the HPDAVV Coltri-style compressor. I believe, but cannot assert, that various US importers re-style or re-brand them to carry their brand name. I suspect, but cannot assert, there's a whole lot of re-branding happening with compressors. We know it as fact, or at least observation, with Daystate LC-110 -> Coltri MCH-3 EM LC.

Based on failure rates of the Air Venturi line of compressor offerings it is my personal opinion, not meant to sway anyone for or against it, that they would make exceptional boat anchors.