Hide Member!

I will not be using that button đź‘Ž

1597844861_20727863095f3d2d7d5bddd8.91697672.gif

Its called a YO BLOCKER no! Not extra strength it's YO STRENGTH SPF 1000
1f606.svg

1597820272_4184842335f3ccd70d0ba98.46802893.png

YO, Why do you think every post of this matter is about you ?

Makes you feel better?

B

Fact is this is because of me.

They should have just called it “Hide Yo” :) 

JK. This is a snowflake idea as it appears to me. But like I said, I don’t care either way.

A click tab should be put in for ADD MORE OF YO👊👍

At Airgun Nation our community is diverse. If someone's opinion or unrelenting contributions (thanks for pointing that out YO) drives you absolutely bonkers, you now have the option to block contributions from that member. I don't expect many people to use it, but should the need arise... you have the option. 👍

-Michael

If a person rarely contributes anything meaningful and is only wasting bandwidth, or repeatedly posts things that offend one, it is very useful. Several other sites I am on have this feature and it gets well used. I also use it to block members who have not fairly treated others in the classifieds, so I don't forget about them a year from now and get burned as well. Anyone who is on my Ignore User or Hide Member list is dead to me. I don't have to worry about buying/selling to them (I won't buy or sell to them no matter how good the deal), wasting my time on their meaningless junk, or being offended. It a lot better solution than the secret red ball back stabbing girl club, or after that ended the abusers of the flag post option. It will also make the moderators jobs on here much easier, because after receiving several flag post warnings by the same user against the same member, they can ask, did you use the hide member option? I thank you Michael for this option. Only thing I might add is, it would be better if all a blocked members posts came up "you are hiding this member" and had a show option for that one post and there was a list of users you are hiding (just like users you are following) in your profile with an option to unhide them, if in the future they alter their behavior so as to be more meaningful and not offend you.

If a person rarely contributes anything meaningful and is only wasting bandwidth, or repeatedly posts things that offend one, it is very useful. Several other sites I am on have this feature and it gets well used. I also use it to block members who have not fairly treated others in the classifieds, so I don't forget about them a year from now and get burned as well. Anyone who is on my Ignore User or Hide Member list is dead to me. I don't have to worry about buying/selling to them (I won't buy or sell to them no matter how good the deal), wasting my time on their meaningless junk, or being offended. It a lot better solution than the secret red ball back stabbing girl club, or after that ended the abusers of the flag post option. It will also make the moderators jobs on here much easier, because after receiving several flag post warnings by the same user against the same member, they can ask, did you use the hide member option? I thank you Michael for this option.

Good points

...I agree with the above but have always been able to just ignore users and content w/o an ignore function...

...I guess not even seeing it could help...

...I wonder if we will get people who use "hide user" that will then tell the person(s) they have hidden every time that person posts something that they are on "hide user"...

...just so they know...LoL...

So! Let's say Columbo clicks "HIDE MEMBER" on a nice fella like Hapo who is familiar with Air Force Guns. 

Columbo asks a question that only Hapo replies to with a correct fix. Nobody else replies to that thread.

5 days go by then Columbo posts that same question again stating since nobody replied he is asking again. Hapo replies with same correct fix. Nobody else replies. Within that same thread Columbo posts HELLO ANYONE??? 

How does Columbo UN-HIDE MEMBER?

When that happens does he get to see the posts from Hapo who answered 10 days ago?

What are all of the millions of onlookers mostly non members gonna think?

So! Let's say Columbo clicks "HIDE MEMBER" on a nice fella like Hapo who is familiar with Air Force Guns. 

Columbo asks a question that only Hapo replies to with a correct fix. Nobodyvekse replies.

5 days go by then Columbo posts that same question again stating since nobody replied he is asking again. Hapo replies with same correct fix. Nobody else replies. Within that same thread Columbo posts HELLO ANYONE??? 

When that happens does he get to see the posts from Hapo who answered 10 days ago?

+1 for Yo. Good points 

Columbo asks a question that only Hapo replies to with a correct fix. Nobody else replies to that thread.

What are all of the millions of onlookers mostly non members gonna think?

If you wish to see the entire discusion, including any "Hidden" members ,you only have to view the forum without logging in. Or if you wish to "un-hide" a member, do the following. Go to YOUR own profile page, click the "Forum" icon then click the "Hided members" (spelling not my own) icon which then allows you to unhide to your hearts content. And Yes, the complete discussion will be visable to you again.