Hi, I'm new to PCP and need help choosing a rifle.

Hi Carl, I know this is an old post, but came upon it and did not see any resolution to it. 

Did you get a rifle yet? If not, give a look at theFX Streamline in synthetic can be had for $1000. I believe it will fit all your requirements. It's very accurate, lightweight, and quite. Can even add a moderator. Look up AEAC review on it. 

Let us know what you end/ended up with. 

"intenseaty22"Hi Carl, I know this is an old post, but came upon it and did not see any resolution to it. 

Did you get a rifle yet? If not, give a look at theFX Streamline in synthetic can be had for $1000. I believe it will fit all your requirements. It's very accurate, lightweight, and quite. Can even add a moderator. Look up AEAC review on it. 

Let us know what you end/ended up with. 

that sounds really good. I'm enjoying my Gamo urban that got here a few days ago. It's real good and quiet too. It's no streamline and not as pretty as my S510, but I like it. The Nikon EFR is happy on this one. Enough money let over for a Henry pump, but that's another story. 

never thought I would buy a gamo because of being an air gun snob, but steve talked me into it. I guess it from what's left of BSA which bodes well.

I'm a bit confused. Is Birdo the same person as Carl? 

You know, I'm a newbee, don't even own a PCP ....Yet, and have heard how much Gamo is disliked, but my first "real" airgun was/is a Gamo Accu .22. It's an underlever that shoots like a lazer out to 30 yards when you find it's pellets. I group 1/2 inch at 30 off a sand bag. Have cleanned out my yard of squirrels. Even have taken a pesky Wabbit. 

imagejpeg

Let me ask you about the Bantam. That rifle comes with a reflex Moderator, no? How quiet is it? Have you been able to compare to a Huggett model? I forgot, is yours .177 or .22. Thanks. 

BTW. I wrote to Brocock today asking about what was the deal with those power settings on Compatto. Not holding my breath for an answer, but will see. How does yours do with that power wheel? 

Thanks!

Mines a 177 and is very quiet with the Reflex, I don't have any experience with huggets so I can't say. The power adjuster works good but would like better settings lik 9-12-18 versus 12-16-18, but that's okay. The upside is point of impact doesn't change much between settings.

It's 37" long including the reflex, not 34" as listed. A lot of shots per fill, huge carbon fiber tank 

If $1000 was my budget for a PCP with a scope and already had a filling device such as a tank or a pump,
I would go with a 22 Armada or Marauder from Crosman with AGN 25% off with free ship on friday $487.49-$404.99.
LW barrel $200. Regulator $120. Leapers UTG 4-16x44 AO Accushot SWAT Rifle Scope, EZ-TAP, Illuminated Mil-Dot Reticle, 1/4 MOA, 30mm Tube, Lever-Lock Weaver Rings $131 with discount from Pyramid

UTG 11mm (3/8") Dovetail to Weaver Adapter, 2pcs $9 with discount from Pyramid
Then depending on either Armada or Marauder buy $50-$125 worth of pellets!

AJ