Hi gang. Might as well get the intro post out of the way. I'm new to everything in this world. Still trying to figure out the acronyms and jargon.

Hi One-Man-Riot, keep on posting you’re probably getting closer! I’ve always wanted to try rocketry, but I suck at golf.
Rocket building and flying, like air gun technology, has come a long way. Here's a few shots from my 3" diameter Exocet on it's 12,000', 850 mph flight. Recovered without a scratch about a mile away.

ignition.jpgshadow.jpgsmoke and shadow to ground.jpgarcing2.jpgunder main.jpg

I was gonna advise you on the dangers of shooting varmints up in trees, but it looks like you have experience regards the whole, what so up must come down thing😉.

Good luck.
In golf if a tree is an obstacle you are supposed to repeat to yourself “it’s 90% empty space. It’s 90% empty space. It’s 90% empty space.” Lol

That’s a bit extreme isn’t it? And why wasn’t this mentioned in the rules? So I have basically no chance of making this purchase from the other member. Great.
It's to stop scammers from creating a bunch of accounts. This keeps members safer from the bad guys. Life is a series of compromises.

Reactions: davelarson
Those rocket pics are great. How high is it? Where are you? Looks like an undeveloped development, lots of roads to nowhere.
The onboard altimeters both say apogee was 11,848 feet agl (above ground level). I was about 300 feet from the launchpad. These are still shots from the onboard video. This is in Southwest Brevard county Florida. They call it “the compound”.

@jpiperson2002 You got your ears on? I'm a new member, but I really want this tank/stock combo. Let me know if it's still available. I don't have PM priveleges yet.

W.A.P., H.Y.E. Y. J. !!! (Welcome aboard pal, hope you enjoy your journey! ) Thought I'd throw another acronym at you :ROFLMAO:. This forum is a GREAT place to be to aid in your learning curve. Plenty of knowledgeable, generous people here. I LOVE the rocket pics too! Airguns & flight are 2 of my main obsessions along with music.
Huh. Mine too. I jam in the car at high volume everywhere I go. I can air guitar, air drum, air sax, and even a little air piano now and then. And airgunning is similar to rocketry in a lot of ways. We're not much interested in energy at impact, but aerodynamics, trajectory, velocity, inertia, thermodynamics, electronics, mechanical systems, meteorological factors... Y'all be using that, too.
Here's a fun fact: These guns operate at WAY higher pressures than even the most beastly rocket motors out there. That one in the pics was a 54mm diameter x 24" K-Class solid rocket motor and it's peak chamber pressure was under three hundred pounds... but she was a cookin'!image_50409217.JPGd91945e010b04dfaOrg.jpg
Here is a slightly larger "L-Class" motor. 346 pounds peak thrust (7 pound rocket when empty). Chamber pressure was about 250 pounds. Burned for three seconds and sent it to 14,000 feet. In rocketry jargon, we call that "goin' lickety-jeezus".

(Probably getting off-topic a bit. But c'mon, guys! Rockets!)

Last edited: