• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HI FRIENDS

hi everyone

I present my new cat, in the company of my friend Marcelo who hunted the quail at the opening of the season, upgraded rifle with huma conregulador with excellent behavior and cordial greetings to all members of the forum from Santiago de Chile.

egards

Sorry for my ingles

1551647460_11106335375c7c42e4262739.60189106_IMG-20190303-WA0004.jpeg

a
1551647407_10979228085c7c42af992073.38562479_20190303_083624.jpg

hi everyone

I present my new cat, in the company of my friend Marcelo who hunted the quail at the opening of the season, upgraded rifle with huma conregulador with excellent behavior and cordial greetings to all members of the forum from Santiago de Chile.

egards

Sorry for my ingles

1551647460_11106335375c7c42e4262739.60189106_IMG-20190303-WA0004.jpeg

a
1551647407_10979228085c7c42af992073.38562479_20190303_083624.jpg

I an considering trying it out airgun quail hunting next fall, and would appreciate any airgun specific hunting tips from anyone willing to share. I have hunted quail for many years with a shotgun, but never with an airgun, but I think I see some possible advantages, primarily stealth related.

Note to Pablo, my wife and I visited Chile just this last Christmas for the first time for about 3 weeks and stayed with some friends - we had a great time, the Chileans are very hospitable, laid back, and have the best wine! We stayed mostly in Maipu near Santiago. Our friend had a new Gamo breakbarrel and lived on a 2 acre lot that was infested with rabbits - yes its true there are fewer rabbits on his lot after I left! I actually went with him to buy that Gamo at a small airgun shop there that had a very nice airgun selection - Fx’s, Daystates, Marauders to name a few.

hi

the quails are beautiful birds and also strong I do not know if with a compressed air pistol has the sufficient energy for a clean death, my recommendation is located try to eliminate the alpha male the rest of the flock is disoriented and gives you more time for hunting.

indeed in Chile there are good wines and the best q are economic, I live maipu already know that for the next has a new friend here in Chile

regards

hi

the quails are beautiful birds and also strong I do not know if with a compressed air pistol has the sufficient energy for a clean death, my recommendation is located try to eliminate the alpha male the rest of the flock is disoriented and gives you more time for hunting.

indeed in Chile there are good wines and the best q are economic, I live maipu already know that for the next has a new friend here in Chile

regards

That sounds like good advice, go for the leader first! I have not hunted that way with a shotgun, as we usually walk the hills and shoot whatever flushes in front of us, but I see where that could be advantageous in airgun quail hunting. I hunt primarily Gambel quail in my neck of Arizona, although we have a couple other quail species in other parts of the state. This year we have had good winter precipitation which will bring a bumper crop of grasses and increases in quail populations. Our quail season starts in October, and I believe you guys in Chile are just entering your “fall” now. It was strange having Christmas there this year in December which is the start of your summer!