• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hi all. New member here from Australia

Hi everyone.

New member here. My name is Dave. I thought I should join as I managed to sort out an issue on my Streamline with info from members here (so many thanks).

I just love popping bunnies at 55 yards with my 25 cal. By the way, I’m a little bit envious of the choice of products you have in the States. Just trying to get a pack of FX hybrids here has taken me several emails, phone calls, and in one case a quick lie down after they quoted me a price that required selling a kidney to achieve. We aren’t even allowed to have a moderator in Australia (it embarrassing). So I will be searching topics on the forum and hope to chat with pcp hunters from the world.

regards Dave

There is one distributor in Australia, and it’s in a different state. Plenty of gun shops deal with them but 25 cal airguns are quite rare, so few hold stock. I attempted to get one to order a pack which wholesale for Aus$28 (expensive but fair enough, after all we are on the other side of the globe with a very limited market). The price hike came about with transportation costs. Pellets are classified as ammunition (fair enough), but this gun shop insisted that ammunition is transported as ‘dangerous goods’ which is true for propellant and primers. But these are little inert lumps of lead. They are about as dangerous as a pack of fishing sinkers. This shop told me the total cost would be........ get this....... $80 for 1 pack! So yeah I politely declined, put the phone down and spat out a whole bunch of bad language that would make a submariner blush.

Not all bad news however. I found a shop who will have stock next week and will sell over the counter for $35. It’s about 15min from work so I’ll make the trip.

It is just so annoying that everything is so tied down with rules n regulations for us who abide by them. In the mean time criminals gangs are still shooting each other & so on.

Welcome mate! I'm an Aussie living in the USA. We are totally spoiled here I love this country but we must keep fighting to preserve our rights they are constantly getting chipped away at.

People laugh here when I tell them you need to have genuine reason for need to get a red Ryder bb gun in oz. 

This is a great forum and people are very very helpful.

Jacko

...I keep thinking the videos from SA are from OZ...

...do youse guys have power restrictions...???...

...I know they took your guns and kilt Crocodile Dundee...

36F727AD00000578-0-image-a-77_1470576604643.jpg
Mick-Pitman-the-real-crocodile-dundee-322379.jpg

Hi Jacko.

Thats why I joined the sight. There is a wealth of information on this channel. Lots of clever people who have encountered problems and worked out solutions. It’s a bit like die hard fisherman. I find if people are into these hobbies enough, they are happy to share knowledge with others. I’m sure there are exceptions, but on a whole, we are a good bunch.

Owning a poverty pack FX Streamline, I noticed that there is very little info out there (even from FX) when compared to the models with all the bells n whistles.

at 35 a tin dip into your retirement fund and get a bunch

if the dealer orders you in for 10 tins maybe they will give you a better price and then you will have lots

remember prices go up after Xmas, and shipping does not get cheaper every day

cheers mate

am from Canada, does that qualify for being your mate?

G’day Funshine.

of course you are my new mate! (No I won’t mate with you). 

I’m just want to see if the 26 grain pills will hold a good group with my standard smooth twist barrel, which I doubt but I have to try. My next step is to see if an STX liner is interchangeable. They are surprisingly cheap here.

I grow microgreens and have seen many from Australia and New Zealand talk about the preposterous prices they have to pay for seed. I guess it's no surprise other things get crazy expensive too. I used to live in Micronesia and everything cost an arm and a leg there too.

Welcome aboard! It's a pretty active forum and a pretty deep hobby, so you should have plenty to entertain and educate yourself with for a long time to come.