• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HFT gun recommendation

I have the Huntsman and Wolverine in .177 that I use for HFT. I prefer the Wolverine. It is chunky and I wouldn't want to take it on a hunt. But my stroller carries it and my gear so the chunky isn't an issue for HFT. The only small very small gripe is I dont have my scope height perfect. I sure wish Daystate had used an adjustable cheek piece.
And in comes the Sapphire Edition ! It’s shooting jsb 10.34’s at 909 FPS right out of the box. The addition of the PRS shoulder piece really helped the overall balance and ability to get a good eye box. 11.5 lbs as shown!
IMG_6827.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: mbaulfinger
Looking to get into HFT shoots. I am thinking about purchasing a Daystate Wolverine R. .177. Would appreciate thoughts on using this gun for that purpose. Thanks in advance
Thats at the top of the pecking order for sure. You can only go up to a Thomas from there and your not gaining much in the way of accuracy so a solid choice. Its a sub-moa gun, you cant ask for anything more. The chunkier the better for off hand.