HFT Challenger by Airgun Revisions

Coming soon to AR

650F7B45-9F34-4DC7-BF15-B4E15854B13F.jpeg

What specs? It’s set for Field target rules.

Let’s see,
5, 12 or 20 FPE?
Is power adjustable?
barrel maker, style and length?
Weight?
Rail types?
Trigger specs?
Is it regulated?
Is the regulator externally adjustable?
Made in NY or another Turkey/Chinese gun?
Length of pull
Stock adjustments?
Single shot only or can use standard mags?
Is the barrel shrouded?
Is the barrel threaded for moderator/air stripper?
Can the cocking lever be switched to the other side?

It’s a start, not many questions on specs really.

Last edited:
18.5 fpe
Not power adj so you don’t screw it up.
21.5 Lothar Walther in .177
7lbs
11mm with knee riser
Fully adj 3 stage competition trigger to 18oz
Regulated
And again no so customers don’t mess it up.
Made in the US by Airgun Revisions and Crosman.
Purchased through Airgun Revisions.
LOP is adj along with comb height and forarm adj.
Single shot
Shrouded
No cuz it’s shrouded? And you’ll throw the accuracy off by dangling a moderator.
Ambidextrous cocking lever.
Understand that this is a competition gun meant for a specific competition.

18.5 fpe
Not power adj so you don’t screw it up.
21.5 Lothar Walther in .177
7lbs
11mm with knee riser
Fully adj 3 stage competition trigger to 18oz
Regulated
And again no so customers don’t mess it up.
Made in the US by Airgun Revisions and Crosman.
Purchased through Airgun Revisions.
LOP is adj along with comb height and forarm adj.
Single shot
Shrouded
No cuz it’s shrouded? And you’ll throw the accuracy off by dangling a moderator.
Ambidextrous cocking lever.
Understand that this is a competition gun meant for a specific competition.

Thanks for the info. So they have abandoned the 10 meter heritage? What about WFTF field target or 12 FPE, will there be a 10 meter or 12 fpe version later? Without the ability to fine tune how does someone get the best accuracy out of this competition gun?

What't the range of LOP because I like to if it would fit my son when he gets a bit bigger. Also does the but stock have vertical and cant adjustment like the old challenger? Honestly the only thing I didn't like about the old challenger was just the length and the T bar charging handle. This redesign appears to me should been called something else as it doesn't really have much similarity to old challenger, it doesn't even have the same use case.

IMHO it would be a shame to abandon the challenger heritage of 10 meter and there is a good entry market for 12 FPE. Also a 299 dollar Avenger has external adjustment everything, to say it's a target gun and make it not adjustable is not really acceptable these days. Plus an avenger with a good tune is every bit as accurate as many "competition" guns. I was eying the new challenger when it was announced but it's off my list now.

Reactions: baranjhn
The HFT Challenger will debut at the Finger lakes field target Grand Prix in NY. I will have 3 on hand and one as a presentation giveaway. Many Crosman personnel will be in attendance.
Is the HFT Challenger done in partnership with Crosman or is AR obtaining Challengers from Crosman and reworking them?

The MSRP for a Crosman Challenger is $1099.99. What is the MSRP the HFT Challenger?

Last edited:
Sir, why are you mistaking this gun to be offered from Crosman? This is only an Airgun Revisions exclusive. I’ve explained this multiple times. The three position Challenger will remain so.
Yes I have some of my DNA in the new Challenger as well as the .457 Bulldog. Yes I have a very special relationship with Velocity Outdoors but by no means do I work for them currently. Benjamin and Airgun Revisions do work hand in hand but are totally separate companies.

Last edited:
Is the HFT Challenger done in partnership with Crosman or is AR obtaining Challengers from Crosman and reworking them?

The MSRP for a Crosman Challenger is $1099.99. What is the MSRP the HFT Challenger?
To answer your first question, BOTH companies. Everyone at Crosman and Beyond are family to me. Your seeing a different way to do business. The lead engineer, product manager, and everyone involved in the three position Challenger gun have personal ties to the field target Challenger. But I’m the one building and offering it with there input and mine.

The MSRP is not complete yet but it will fall in the $900 range.

Sir, why are you mistaking this gun to be offered from Crosman? This is only an Airgun Revisions exclusive. I’ve explained this multiple times. The three position Challenger will remain so.
Yes I have some of my DNA in the new Challenger as well as the .457 Bulldog. Yes I have a very special relationship with Velocity Outdoors but by no means do I work for them currently. Benjamin and Airgun Revisions do work hand in hand but are totally separate companies.
I wasn’t mistaking anything. I was clarifying. The way you worded your announcement appeared (to me at least) that you were working with Crosman/Benjamin or as an authorized custom house.

Reactions: ThomasT and qball
I wasn’t mistaking anything. I was clarifying. The way you worded your announcement appeared (to me at least) that you were working with Crosman/Benjamin or as an authorized custom house.
Sorry for the confusion as I’m still learning this forum. That answer was to Qball and not you. I totally get why you asked

As stated some will want to shoot 8.4's, others 10.3's, other heavier 13.4 finding what shoots best and deals with wind.
Speeds NEED TO BE ADJUSTABLE for this to happen IMO. If this rifle Is Not adjustable in this way it will be a major black eye for this version of the challenger and those prospective buyers may think twice and go elsewhere.

If your going to do your best in getting this right at introduction, This IS important !!!

I'm not speaking out of my arse here either .... 10+ year FT shooter, Commercial tuner etc ....

Constructive criticism only ! Wish you the best of luck in this venture.

As stated some will want to shoot 8.4's, others 10.3's, other heavier 13.4 finding what shoots best and deals with wind.
Speeds NEED TO BE ADJUSTABLE for this to happen IMO. If this rifle Is Not adjustable in this way it will be a major black eye for this version of the challenger and those prospective buyers may think twice and go elsewhere.

If your going to do your best in getting this right at introduction, This IS important !!!

I'm not speaking out of my arse here either .... 10+ year FT shooter, Commercial tuner etc ....

Constructive criticism only ! Wish you the best of luck in this venture.

It is an entry level rifle, this rifle is meant for someone that can just take the rifle, buy the ammo intended to shoot, and go shoot at an event . Things in life are sold like this all the time to get people into a certain sport or hobby.

Reactions: Solo1 and ThomasT