• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Hey who is lucky?

I couldn't agree more with you. Every time I go out and shoot I am still floored with the precision, consistency and accuracy of today's airguns (I speak mainly of PCP's, since I am not good enough to shoot springers well). I am only reminded that my personal shooting skills need more development so I can try to catch up with the gun's full potential!

We are indeed very, very lucky, and not only with the available guns, but also with a site like Airgun Nation.

I couldnt agree less with you. Airguns as industry actually is worst of them all. Really hard imagine any industry that lacks more. No standardization, no info to customers about most important number of them all thats actually bore diameter. Just absolutely zero control of tolerances, specs, quality and on some cases end user safety is even compromised. Barrels are hold by crubscrews and suffer Poi changes etc list goes on and on. 

None of this change before ppl stop paying piles of money. poop like this would never fly in firearm industry and it shouldnt be ok in any industry. 

I couldnt agree less with you. Airguns as industry actually is worst of them all. Really hard imagine any industry that lacks more. No standardization, no info to customers about most important number of them all thats actually bore diameter. Just absolutely zero control of tolerances, specs, quality and on some cases end user safety is even compromised. Barrels are hold by crubscrews and suffer Poi changes etc list goes on and on. 

None of this change before ppl stop paying piles of money. poop like this would never fly in firearm industry and it shouldnt be ok in any industry.

You are absolutely correct. I have NEVER heard of a single POI shift issue, safety issue or other manufacturing defect/quality issue which has impacted a powder burning firearm, and nothing has ever been launched in that industry where it hasn't been publicly announced at least 6 months in advance.😏

You are absolutely correct. I have NEVER heard of a single POI shift issue, safety issue or other manufacturing defect/quality issue which has impacted a powder burning firearm, and nothing has ever been launched in that industry where it hasn't been publicly announced at least 6 months in advance.
1f60f.svg

😄

You are absolutely correct. I have NEVER heard of a single POI shift issue, safety issue or other manufacturing defect/quality issue which has impacted a powder burning firearm, and nothing has ever been launched in that industry where it hasn't been publicly announced at least 6 months in advance.
1f60f.svg

Maybe thats the case in US. Most countrys in here require, C.I.P testing in Eu. Thats the main reason importing gun outside of those countrys is costly you need to take it to testing. But on same time atleast they are safe. Airguns are rubbish in quality no way around it. 

TMH
0408211628_HDR.1618522374.jpg
0205211515_HDR.1618522376.jpg
0324200921a.1618522378.jpg
0705191159.1618522380.jpg
+1

Couldn't have said it better myself! 

With all due respect as someone who had worked at machining metal for almost 40 years I have a difficult time considering the workmenship of classic Theobens or Tiapan Veterans, Daystates, FX's, Airarms, the ones I've owned...RUBBISH???...works of art...masterpieces of engineering more like it...you bet I'm lucky...Great Post!

TMH
0408211628_HDR.1618522374.jpg
0205211515_HDR.1618522376.jpg
0324200921a.1618522378.jpg
0705191159.1618522380.jpg
+1

Couldn't have said it better myself! 

With all due respect as someone who had worked at machining metal for almost 40 years I have a difficult time considering the workmenship of classic Theobens or Tiapan Veterans, Daystates, FX's, Airarms, the ones I've owned...RUBBISH???...works of art...masterpieces of engineering more like it...you bet I'm lucky...Great Post!

Yep there is plenty of beutiful guns for sure. Bad quality dosent necessary mean bad quality machining. It is mostly bad designs due cutting corners to improve profit margings (that should be high enough on 2k+ guns).. You simply should not be able to take dremel and make it better on those price ranges or order chinese oilfilter to improve bad design. Barrels and their attachement is perfect example of cutting corners, lowering costs and only one who suffers is end users. Its damn sad terrible and horrible idea to use one, two or few crubscrews to hold your barrel there is simply no benefit except lower manufacturing costs yet near every big manufacturer dose that. O-rings located after threads leaving threads pressured only to make factory assembly easier and reduce ammount of leaky guns in factor etc. Same goes with barrel liners. End user who pay premium money for supposedly premium product should get them solid enough out from factory and not needing to fiber it for more stiffness. Also there is zero reason not to standardisize calibers.. Atm you buy 22cal airgun and you can get one from 0.215 to all the way to 0.222 bore size depending about manufacturer but hey random 0.007" tolerance in barrel isnt bad huh? The should just sit down and make agreement what 177, 22, 25, 30 means in airgun calibers now its just 100000% idiotism and they also make it much harder for projectile manufacturers. Iv hold and shot airguns from bottom to highend yet never seen airgun at high pricepoint that should cost as much as they do. Big part of the problem ofc is relatively small market that require manufacturers to get higher profits since in this industry you wont be making your money with volume. This on otherhand should never effect end user in negative way. If you are happy with your airguns its cool Im not trying to take that away, I love mine yet we are light year away from what we should get with money spent. This all dosent apply to customs tho. There is plenty of makers that do small batches of airguns that get built correctly.

This one for example has one really simple and nice barrel attachement and bolt structure thats solid as rock. 

https://youtu.be/-GI-9nSTdFo

Not with my Taipan VL. 25

HAPPINESS