Hey, new here.

What is the best recipe for spaghetti Bolognese? Just checking :)
Boil and peel tomatoes, crush tomatoes while heating them, add bay leaf, oregano. While cooking the meat add garlic and onion.... PM me for the rest.

I also give weight lifting advice to complete strangers. I can't help with love, finances, or spiritual problems, but weight lifting, and spaghetti I have down pat.

Last edited:
welcome to the AGN forum.
A few questions
what is your budget?
What caliber will you be using?
how do you plan to fill your air gun?
what are the hunting conditions?
what is your states rules regarding hunting with a air gun?
these questions will get you started, and also give you the responses that you want.I'm sure that more questions will arise.

Reactions: mightyox
welcome to the AGN forum.
A few questions
what is your budget?
What caliber will you be using?
how do you plan to fill your air gun?
what are the hunting conditions?
what is your states rules regarding hunting with a air gun?
these questions will get you started, and also give you the responses that you want.I'm sure that more questions will arise.
$500
Hand pump.
Hunting conditions? Woods and open field?
Air guns are good to go. I mostly shoot starlings, squirrel and rabbit. The ground hogs showed up and are causing trouble.

pcp pit.jpg

There’s a great deal on a .25 Marauder in the classifieds right now, $250!
It’s an older one but if nothing is wrong it would be a great rifle.
I would get your posts in so you can shop in the classifieds section here.
The folks here are awesome and will bend over backwards to help you out, welcome to a great forum.

I mainly shoot .25 and I think it is great for the small game you are after. A little extra thump never hurts and .25 is marginally more expensive than .22 especially if you shoot at least 18gr .22 (which I would) quality ammo. I have a jts Airacuda max and it is a solid winner. The avenger or avenge x are also great choices and will give you much more adjustability if you are into that. The jts is built good and accurate but you pretty much won’t go much heavier than 18-21 gr in .22 or the 25.39 in .25. The avengers give you more ability to tune up for heavier ammo.

I have several .25s and I do love them, but I wouldn't start out with one as my first pcp. .22 is cheaper to shoot, and there is a much better selection of pellets available online and locally. It's tough to find .25 on store shelves. Trust me, this won't be your only pcp for long.
Yeah thats what kept me out of 25s to this point. I always went with the .177 because I thought it would be better for the starlings at 50 yards. When I get the occasional crow in there it doesnt always do the trick and i dont like wounding animals. Before deciding to go PCP I almost got the hatsan 135 in .30.

Yeah thats what kept me out of 25s to this point. I always went with the .177 because I thought it would be better for the starlings at 50 yards. When I get the occasional crow in there it doesnt always do the trick and i dont like wounding animals. Before deciding to go PCP I almost got the hatsan 135 in .30.
I was already a bullet caster, so I cast for most of my .25 shooting. .22 has plenty of punch for crows. I shoot them with .177, but I use slugs mostly.

So let's say the cheapest I'd go is Gamo arrow, urban, Diana Stormrider.

Is it worth it to spend the extra on the Airacuda? I'd say the features of the Avenger justify the price.
The JTS airacuda would be my choice, it is on the heavy side for carrying, and you might want to add a moderator to keep it quiet. I have no experience with the avenger, but it seems to be getting some good reviews. Maybe do a search here for budget airguns. the People here are awesome. Take the time to research your purchase! Good luck in your endeavor.

My friend have a gamo arrow, and i have a problem with that, CUZ at 50 M or less distance it is generally as accurate as my FX maverick and AGT Vulcan 3 in the same .177 caliber.

Stretching it out to 80 - 100 M and tuned with slugs, i can still hit a ping pong ball in almost every shot, my friend struggle to hit a tennis ball as the arrow do not like any slug we put in it, and its not really tuneable.
Mind you if i shoot long with pellets, well it is also a lot worse than with the slugs, so i just shoot pellets on the short distances.

EDIT: the arrow, it do seem to eat the breech seal O-rings, that on it is located on the probe, so get spares.
Arroe i am sure have A LOT cheaper feel to it then the JTS aircuda, the arrow cocking are also " weird " but its build in moderator do OK in the .177 caliber.

Personally i would look at something that at least have a chance shooting slugs too, you will like that stretching it out.

Last edited:
Welcome to AGN, this is the place to get started. Youtube is your friend. Used rifles are great and AGN has some great deals in the classifieds. Hand pumping gets old quickly. Look for rifles that have a 200 bar / 3000 psi fill. Much easier to pump to that pressure and is easier on the hand pump. Heat is your enemy because it makes moisture.

The Benjamin Marauder is a great first PCP rifle. Centerpoint scopes are great value scopes.