Here's my new wood stock Venturi .25 Avenger - with pictures.

Well, shipping was fast. I ordered the Avenger from Airgun Depot on Apr 26th and it arrived today, Apr 28th - not bad at all.

As you can see, my .25 Avenger is the one with a wooden stock. I hung it from my bow scale and it weighs 6.2 lbs, as you see it. I have a Hawke 4-12x40 scope I'll be putting on it, later.

The regulator came out of the box set at 1150 PSI and I plan to shoot it a few times at that pressure before I decide if I want to increase it (I kind of like a long shot count, and I'm looking forward to comparing this .25 Avenger's FPE to that of my .25 Daystate Wolverine HP R).

I know I have to degas it to go down in reg pressure, but wonder if I need to degas the gun to go up in pressure? - I don't think so. I haven't read the manual, yet, that's next. I'm thinking that it' set low, so I can easily increase the reg pressure.

You guys who also have a .25 Avenger (or any caliber Avenger for that matter), do you remember what your reg pressure was set at when you got your gun. If you upped it, what did you move it up to?

The stock is a light color, but not as light-colored as I was expecting. I was thinking about rubbing on a darker stain, but think I'll just leave it be.

Here are a some pictures I snapped:

Below, right side (in full sunlight):

right view.1619634818.jpg

Left side:

left view.1619634840.jpg

Air in gun, I'll be hooking it up to my Nomad II shortly:

air in gun.1619634863.jpg

Air in reg - 1150:

air in reg.1619634883.jpg

I just finished running the Avenger through the Chronograph, Here's what I got today, compared to what I got 2 months ago with the Daystate Wolverine HP R. I shot 5 pellets. I got the total wt of the 5 pellets I shot and then took the average - neither time did I get 33.95 gr (what the tin says). Both air rifles are putting out more the 50 ft.lbs. of energy at the muzzle. The Avenger is putting out just a little more FPE than the Daystate. I don't think a squirrel will be able the tell the difference :)

Below is data for the Avenger:

AVENGER.1619646988.png

Here is data for the Daystate.

DAYSTATE.1619647125.png

I'm a fan of the synthetic stock because they are lightweight. But that wood stock sure look nice.

My 177 has a synthetic stock, and I tend to agree with you - but since I'm a bench / tripod shooter, weight isn't that critical to me. I reckon I need to weight both of my Avengers to see how much difference in weight there is.

Mine in .25 cal was set at about 2900 on the reg. Currently, 3700 fill - Reg @ 2200, HS @ 2 1/2, 867 to 876 fps, 32 shots ending @ 2200 psi with JSB 25.9 gr Kings is what I am running.

Looks like you got it going. I haven't touched my hammer spring, don't think I will, either. I'll probably continue to fill mine to 4K psi. I've got a variety of .25 pellets that I'm going to shoot, chrony and determine FPE for. The 33.95's I used today are my heaviest .25 pellet. It hammers a squirrel and I don't need to do head shots, though I do.

LOL as you figured out the regulator was at 1100 because the air was at that. Mine came set at 2900.

Degass it and turn the screw clockwise to lower the pressure, Give it a good 1/2 turn, that should get you down. You can increase under pressure, but GO SLOW, it doesn't take a lot of movement to make a difference. Shoot 5 rounds after each adjustment to settle things in.

I landed on about 2500 on the regulator, HS 2 1/4 IN, and shoot 880 with 27.39 grain pellets and 830 with 33.5 slugs. I've never tried to see how many shots, but starting at about 3600 PSI, I can easily get 16 out of it, then have to reload mags, but it seems I'm around 3000 PSI when shooting the pellets and a bit under when shooting the slugs. I see no reason to get less the 24 out of this fill.

Enjoy the rifle and it looks very nice.

As you can see, my .25 Avenger is the one with a wooden stock. I hung it from my bow scale and it weighs 6.2 lbs, as you see it. I have a Hawke 4-12x40 scope I'll be putting on it, later.

Wow, I would have thought the wood, would have made the Avenger noticeably heavier. The wood is advertised at 7lb even. Your 6.2 lb. reading makes it .2 lbs. lighter than the plastic stock rifle (advertised @ 6.4 lbs).

Congratulations on your new rifle it looks great.

I bought a 25 Avenger earlier this year in synthetic. It leaked at first but Air Venturi fixed it under warranty. It likes FX 25.4 grain a little better than JSB 25.39 grain and may like JSB heavies (not MKII) even better, I want to shoot at 50 yards to be sure which is best in my gun. I put a Primary Arms FFP 4-14 scope on it.

My current tune is shooting 1/4 inch groups at 33 yards and I don't plan to change it, at least any time soon. If I did I would go lower in pressure. I get just over 900 fps with the FX and about 830 with the heavies. I got over 860fps with 25.39 JSBs at 2000 regulator setting. At 2200 I got over 890. I only got another 10 fps going up to 2400. Not sure how my shot count would increase at 2200 but it may be worth a try. I got nearly no velocity increase from turning the hammer spring in until I got to 2400 and then it was maybe 5fps. But when I went from 1 to 1.5 turns up on the hammer spring my groups shrank from about 1/2 inch to about 1/4 inch at 33 yards. If I go back down to 2200 I will probably start at this hammer spring setting and if it shoots well just leave it there. If not, I will try turning it out. I get about 30 shots from a 4000 fill at the current tune. 

I degassed mine before filling it so I don't know where the regulator was set. I did pellet testing with the regulator at about 1600psi. The pellets it liked best at this setting also shoot well at the current tune. I was hand pumping it at this tune so the extra shots were welcome.

My Prod loves H&N FTT but the Avenger did not like them at all. Baracudas shoot OK but all three JSBs I've tried shoot better. HP grizzly and their newer slug were terrible in my Avenger, Knockouts were better but still pretty bad.

If you can find them, I would get some JSBs - or similar pellets from FX or AirArms also made by JSB.

Wow, I would have thought the wood, would have made the Avenger noticeably heavier. The wood is advertised at 7lb even. Your 6.2 lb. reading makes it .2 lbs. lighter than the plastic stock rifle (advertised @ 6.4 lbs).

i was surprised too. After putting on rings, scope and inserting a full mag with 27 gr pellets, the weight came up to 8.2 lbs.

i was surprised too. After putting on rings, scope and inserting a full mag with 27 gr pellets, the weight came up to 8.2 lbs.

It's ironic how manufac. specs can often be inaccurate, even when the product they are selling must ''necessarily'' be accurate! 

Thanks for responding. Your new gun is a looker and will be a shooter, too.