Here we go again !!

I just cannot stop messing around with my band of REX .357s

Only a few weeks back I put together this open sights Mini-Carbine :

And only a shot time later she was successful on her maiden hunt :

Just the other morning I woke up with the intention to convert the fill size rifle into an Open sight gun, I had all the parts in house so it was a pretty quick job ( letting paint dry was the longest part )

So here is the rifle ( 20" barrel vs the 14.5" of the Mini-Carbines )

DSCF3198.JPG

I already ordered a Pack of AirBolts from Pyramyd to eventually be able to also shoot arrows out of this gun,......she shoots 389gr arrows at 505 fps for 220 FPE and that is at 200 BAR if I fill to 250 BAR it should sling them arrows at light speed :) :)

Weather permitting I will take her hunting tomorrow.

The Mini-Carbine I just set up with a super light 4X scope

DSCF3196.JPG

My other Mini-Carbine is also sporting the same scope

This one still having a shroud I can still attach the Neil Clauge LDC on, ...also now I can use, if i want the longer shroud from the rifle.

DSCF3197.JPG

Hand here we have the complete family in a family portrait.

DSCF3199.JPG

The beauty of the platform is that it's soooooo simple, barrels and tanks are a breeze to change around,....very little that can go wrong with the gun,
can ad AR hanguards and grips very easily.

This platform is my future in airgunning, I want to get a REX-Ibex in .25 to shoot heavy slugs, Maybe a .30 and definitely a .357

I'm ready to start unloading some of my magazine fed multi shoots and replace them with a band of REXs :) :)

What I love about this guns is the rugged simplicity, the tiny size, the light weight and the fast take down ease of packing

DSCF3208.JPG

Can easily pack them in a smallish backpack or like I do an old kids takedown bow case

DSCF3209.JPG

DSCF3210.JPG

I'm able then to easily get it on my Ebike for transport to my most remote and non accessable by truck hunting spots.

DSCF3211.JPG

Well I just got my hands on a used Rex p it is nicely put together - love the action and feel of the gun. Wondering about sources for parts… any suggestions?

Tried starting a conversation with one US evanix vendor about ordering parts (I will not mention which one just in case they were just having a bad day) but he was the lowest energy, least helpful and most entitled sounding business owner who ever bothered to answer an email, so I am hoping there is more than one place to go.

I just cannot stop messing around with my band of REX .357s

Only a few weeks back I put together this open sights Mini-Carbine :

And only a shot time later she was successful on her maiden hunt :

Just the other morning I woke up with the intention to convert the fill size rifle into an Open sight gun, I had all the parts in house so it was a pretty quick job ( letting paint dry was the longest part )

So here is the rifle ( 20" barrel vs the 14.5" of the Mini-Carbines )

View attachment 273583

I already ordered a Pack of AirBolts from Pyramyd to eventually be able to also shoot arrows out of this gun,......she shoots 389gr arrows at 505 fps for 220 FPE and that is at 200 BAR if I fill to 250 BAR it should sling them arrows at light speed :) :)

Weather permitting I will take her hunting tomorrow.

The Mini-Carbine I just set up with a super light 4X scope

View attachment 273587

My other Mini-Carbine is also sporting the same scope

This one still having a shroud I can still attach the Neil Clauge LDC on, ...also now I can use, if i want the longer shroud from the rifle.

View attachment 273588

Hand here we have the complete family in a family portrait.

View attachment 273589
Manny that's a nice stable you have there my friend Congrats.

Well I just got my hands on a used Rex p it is nicely put together - love the action and feel of the gun. Wondering about sources for parts… any suggestions?

Tried starting a conversation with one US evanix vendor about ordering parts (I will not mention which one just in case they were just having a bad day) but he was the lowest energy, least helpful and most entitled sounding business owner who ever bothered to answer an email, so I am hoping there is more than one place to go.
I know you can order parts from New Englang Airguns, Rick on Airgun Pro shop has always been nice but I don't know how willing to order parts he is.

There was a rifle in .357 on the classified just couple weeks ago and didn't look like it was selling.

Here is a full rifle for sale from a good guy

So tempted to buy it myself but I have 3 already 😄 😄

Last edited:
Here is a full rifle for sale from a good guy

So tempted to buy it myself but I have 3 already 😄 😄

It’s already called for… did not plan to get two of these but this is as good a way to get parts as any. :)

Last edited:
The Bolts came in

View attachment 274904

Now I need to cut just over 2" off to make them fit

View attachment 274905

View attachment 274906View attachment 274906

Once I'm finished I will have the perfect bush hunter, short, light, that can take down every critter in the worl
I see, didn't know that,...well maybe the guy backs off :)
I am actually the guy… I was trying to be funny there. it should be here soon, by the weekend.

Got the Rex. Usps treated it roughly… :mad:

So I am ordering a new plastic butt stock for the long tube.

I am hoping the force of the blow that caused that didn’t damage anything else in the gun. Air is holding fine, and I can see where the butt made a stamp in the cardboard box when it hit, but it didn’t tear through the cardboard and I suppose that means the force wasn’t too intense.

In the short term, some adhesive and gaffers tape is holding it together until I can get a new one.

No time to test it out but took one shot and got 135 fpe with an 82 grain Grizzly slug.

With that large barrel shroud it’s too bad the front barrel bushing isn’t vented into a closed shroud. Potentially a lot of volume to divert air into behind the bushings

It would be easy to print a replacement front bushing that allowed air to vent backwards and a plug or sleeve could be used to keep the air and noise from coming out the holes in the rear of the shroud. I think there is a lot of potential to quiet this down and that might be fun to take on.

78C6C6DC-2A3A-419F-832F-74809FAEF342.jpeg

3F713BBD-6279-44CB-B801-9312A95EF91A.jpeg

7A61C1C3-6AC1-4EA1-8332-ECC6556AEBA2.jpeg

Last edited: