Here kitty, kitty

What's "legal" doesn't mean we all have to agree with the ethics and morality of it. People are entitled to their opinion on a public post in an online forum and to respectfully present another point of view. If you do a little research, or have any experience with raising livestock, you would know that when you kill a territorial animal like a bobcat or a fox, another will just move in to occupy that territory. Rarely does it solve the problem, and I doubt it will here if your neighbor isn't securing her chickens. It is not difficult or expensive to build a chicken run and coop that will stop predators from taking your chickens. A never saw a predator show up with wire cutters.

And make sure that enclosure has a barrier running a couple feet into the ground. My buddy had what he thought was a secure enclosure for his ducks but noticed 3 ducks vanished. After searching the enclosure he found a hole that the coyotes dug to drag the ducks out. 

Speaking about ethics and morality. It’s all silly when you think about it. We dispatch rats with out a thought but in certain parts of India they are worshipped. We eat pork but did you know a pig can be a pet that is as intelligent and affectionate as a dog? It’s funny how we ignore ethics and morality when it comes to eating animals we’re culturally accustomed to eating(killing).
Within legal limits any animal is game for pesting/depredation IMO

If I lived in Florida or Puerto Rico I wouldn't think twice about shooting Iguanas, but those the keep them as pets wouldn't approve. One's man's pet is another man's pest.

Thanks everyone my son was super excited about this cat. I’ve never shot one, mainly cause when I’m in the woods I have my bow & they are never in range. I’ve seen them before & yes they are a beautiful animal, but when it comes to live stock & taking care of them, sometimes things just have to go. I look at it like this; this cat is no different than pigeons & doves taken at cattle farms & such. Theyre taken due to the fact they eat the cattle feed costing the farmer money, this cat eats chickens that provide eggs for the farmer to eat. 

Bobcats are included in the "fur bearer" definition and are considered a legal game animal. Furthermore, one that is killing livestock very firmly falls under nuisance animal laws, and should therefore appeal to the "pesters". Real hunters do not denigrate another hunters legally taken kill. Get a grip.

This

Doesn’t matter how beautiful an animal is if it’s nuisance, killing your livestock or pets. Shooting them is much more humane than poisoning or trapping them. Humans kill predators more humanely than the predators kill their pray. These are wild animals people with no morals or ethics at all. A Bobcat might not jump you but a Cougar will in a heartbeat if you invade it’s territory and it’s hungry. Animals suffer agonizing deaths from predators. I enjoy and respect wildlife but do not have the empathy for wild animals that I do for humans or even pets.

Doesn’t matter how beautiful an animal is if it’s nuisance, killing your livestock or pets. Shooting them is much more humane than poisoning or trapping them. Humans kill predators more humanely than the predators kill their pray. These are wild animals people with no morals or ethics at all. A Bobcat might not jump you but a Cougar will in a heartbeat if you invade it’s territory and it’s hungry. Animals suffer agonizing deaths from predators. I enjoy and respect wildlife but do not have the empathy for wild animals that I do for humans or even pets.

This. 

And also, why exactly would beauty preclude hunting/killing/pesting. I find cows to be quite beautiful, as are turkeys, and they both taste great! Their beauty doesnt stop me from killing them, and in this case, eating them....

...and who defines beauty anyway....

Perceived beauty and cuteness ruins some people's judgement based on logic and facts. I found it funny the same people literally would jump 5 feet into the air screaming at the sight of a rat would think it's cousin the squirrels are cute and want to pet it. Makes absolutely no sense to me! Life has been too good for too many for too long, hell now and days people don't even understand meat comes from animals not naturally occur in shrink wrap packages. Same goes to all those people who for some strange reason think Pitbulls are cute......until it turns on them.

Are bob cats and foxes beautiful? Absolutely! I even think Coyote is beautiful, however if they get on my property and kill my chickens then they became pest and will be eliminated. Even if the most beautiful golden retriever attacks my kids it WILL be put down within seconds!!!

Perceived beauty and cuteness ruins some people's judgement based on logic and facts. I found it funny the same people literally would jump 5 feet into the air screaming at the sight of a rat would think it's cousin the squirrels are cute and want to pet it. Makes absolutely no sense to me! Life has been too good for too many for too long, hell now and days people don't even understand meat comes from animals not naturally occur in shrink wrap packages. Same goes to all those people who for some strange reason think Pitbulls are cute......until it turns on them.

Are bob cats and foxes beautiful? Absolutely! I even think Coyote is beautiful, however if they get on my property and kill my chickens then they became pest and will be eliminated. Even if the most beautiful golden retriever attacks my kids it WILL be put down within seconds!!!

You obviously don’t know sh’t about pits,

It’s amazing to me some of the ridiculous comments that you’ll see on a hunting thread, on a hunting channel. That’s why it’s labeled hunting. Suggestion, if you don’t like to see dead things, or talk about them, avoid the topic called hunting.

Talk about predator versus predator, he’s stealing your groceries. What a great set up and kill, congratulations.

i’ve actually had one opportunity to shoot a bobcat with an air gun, I passed. I just checked him out. But he wasn’t stealing my groceries. And he probably eats a few of the mice around the place. 

Taking a bobcat predator with an air gun in the scenario described is a great accomplishment.

mike

Oh, I forgot...

1A9EB697-54D8-48C9-9F94-541E7680AD61.1606877329.jpeg

It’s amazing to me some of the ridiculous comments that you’ll see on a hunting thread, on a hunting channel. That’s why it’s labeled hunting. Suggestion, if you don’t like to see dead things, or talk about them, avoid the topic called hunting.

Talk about predator versus predator, he’s stealing your groceries. What a great set up and kill, congratulations.

i’ve actually had one opportunity to shoot a bobcat with an air gun, I passed. I just checked him out. But he wasn’t stealing my groceries. And he probably eats a few of the mice around the place. 

Taking a bobcat predator with an air gun in the scenario described is a great accomplishment.

mike

This