• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Here kitty, kitty

My neighbor had chickens coming missing & Was thinking a cat was getting them. Asked if my son could sit at edge of her field & keep eye out. Well he got the culprit, 47yrd shot in the chest with a 45gr Hp slug. The cat made it about 35 yrds, the Sumatra is a devastating piece of equipment. She weighed 28lbs
B0D78A3C-B096-4F71-8D7B-4EA038065412.1604729641.jpeg

Reactions: JimNM
I enjoy killing critters as much as the next guy but I would not shoot a bobcat and would certainly never brag about it. Personally I would be proud to even see one, they are elusive, beautiful and smart.

Bobcats are included in the "fur bearer" definition and are considered a legal game animal. Furthermore, one that is killing livestock very firmly falls under nuisance animal laws, and should therefore appeal to the "pesters". Real hunters do not denigrate another hunters legally taken kill. Get a grip.

Reactions: nervoustrig
What's "legal" doesn't mean we all have to agree with the ethics and morality of it. People are entitled to their opinion on a public post in an online forum and to respectfully present another point of view. If you do a little research, or have any experience with raising livestock, you would know that when you kill a territorial animal like a bobcat or a fox, another will just move in to occupy that territory. Rarely does it solve the problem, and I doubt it will here if your neighbor isn't securing her chickens. It is not difficult or expensive to build a chicken run and coop that will stop predators from taking your chickens. A never saw a predator show up with wire cutters.

I enjoy killing critters as much as the next guy but I would not shoot a bobcat and would certainly never brag about it. Personally I would be proud to even see one, they are elusive, beautiful and smart.

I feel the same, but I respect the fact that one must protect their livestock. A major I worked under once told me how he was losing pheasants to feral cats and had to shoot them. He had cats as pets and didn't enjoy it, but it had to be done.

What's "legal" doesn't mean we all have to agree with the ethics and morality of it. People are entitled to their opinion on a public post in an online forum and to respectfully present another point of view. If you do a little research, or have any experience with raising livestock, you would know that when you kill a territorial animal like a bobcat or a fox, another will just move in to occupy that territory. Rarely does it solve the problem, and I doubt it will here if your neighbor isn't securing her chickens. It is not difficult or expensive to build a chicken run and coop that will stop predators from taking your chickens. A never saw a predator show up with wire cutters.

And make sure that enclosure has a barrier running a couple feet into the ground. My buddy had what he thought was a secure enclosure for his ducks but noticed 3 ducks vanished. After searching the enclosure he found a hole that the coyotes dug to drag the ducks out. 

Speaking about ethics and morality. It’s all silly when you think about it. We dispatch rats with out a thought but in certain parts of India they are worshipped. We eat pork but did you know a pig can be a pet that is as intelligent and affectionate as a dog? It’s funny how we ignore ethics and morality when it comes to eating animals we’re culturally accustomed to eating(killing).
Within legal limits any animal is game for pesting/depredation IMO

Reactions: DutchMike

And make sure that enclosure has a barrier running a couple feet into the ground. My buddy had what he thought was a secure enclosure for his ducks but noticed 3 ducks vanished. After searching the enclosure he found a hole that the coyotes dug to drag the ducks out. 

Speaking about ethics and morality. It’s all silly when you think about it. We dispatch rats with out a thought but in certain parts of India they are worshipped. We eat pork but did you know a pig can be a pet that is as intelligent and affectionate as a dog? It’s funny how we ignore ethics and morality when it comes to eating animals we’re culturally accustomed to eating(killing).
Within legal limits any animal is game for pesting/depredation IMO

The day we become able to communicate with animals, that day every thing will change. So enjoy your T´Bones.