Herc Bully finally starting to come around

Was going to clean my Bullies barrel in a bit with the PatchWorm kit but then I remembered that I had a Accu Shot Mono Pod so I removed the sling stud that came on the Bully and screwed in a single stud without the sling strap piece and then put on the Mono pod so now it should hold on target Steadier then the Caldwell rear bag.

1538718652_6216120285bb6fbbc7dbb81.06207484_image.jpg

Damn nice dock!

Thanks, BDX. I was telling my son that dock would be a perfect spot at night to lay prone in during the summer months, and possible call in some yotes. The yotes come in from another parcel that 20 acres and hang out in the field just behind my bridge.

That would be fun with a electric caller, my main yote caller is a FoxPro and then I have a cheap caller and then a few mouth callers that I mess around with. 

Your a M.W fan or just the movie? at least that’s who it looks like.

Yeah, I did, Jim, thank you for the monopod info. I was out painting some 2x6 fascia board. My house is getting a new roof on it come Monday, and I wanted to pre paint the high stuff while it was on the ground. Then after that, my son and I were shooting the Marauder out front. Good times!

paint job looks good. Did you end up just re painting over the old paint? 

What did you put on the barrel shroud? Camo tape?

I took and put my heat fan on it and it started to cure way better then I just repainted the areas that had marks from handling, it was still wet in a few spots when I took the newer pic and then I put my fan with heat back on it and it’s doing just fine now, the only time I’ve had paint do this is if it was real old or just plain cheap, it all looks uniform now and I did put some camo rap on the barrel to see if it helps with any vibrations and sound, can’t get any quieter then it is now well maybe a electronic loading system would make it quieter hahaha. I also just tried to even out the color a bit being I only painted the main stock and LDC.

Hopefully it stops raining and snowing...yes we had snow around our area last night and early morning which is a sign that it’s hunting season for us but when it stops raining and the temps get back to mid 40s or low 50’s I’ll get out to my range and do some more shooting, just recived 8 more tins of 44.75’s plus I do have some 51’s I want to try.

I found out if you try to go to light it won’t fire, I adjusted mine a 1/8th of a turn at a time till it wouldn’t shoot then backed it off about 3/16ths of a turn and it is now ok, I set mine a bit heavy due to nerve damage in hand and fingers, if it’s to light I can’t tell if I’m on the trigger or not and makes for some interesting groups also I have not touched the power adjustment at all yet.

BandG- my trigger is not so bad. Prior to me receiving it I had heard it had like a 10 lb pull or something like that, so I had Dennis at indianairguns.com lighten up the trigger to exactly 2 lbs. any more and the second stage didn’t work to well. The quatro trigger is very adjustable.

Jim- are you going to paint the rest of the stock? The bottle cover and cheek rest?

ive always been leery of trying to paint aluminum, which is why I did not paint my DonnyFL Shogun. But, I am unsure about painting over anodized aluminum. I know raw aluminum does not accept paint well at all, just unsure about the anodizing. Let me know if the paint takes, and if so, it’ll give me a reason to repaint the stock with a better color match to my scope

I’m thinking of painting the bottle cover and cheek piece in a desert tan or something like a fde, the paint I used was for decoys,rifles,bows,boats so I thought it would have a tuffer coating and I would also give it a try on the LDC, most it will do is scratch off the ldc, I have not touched it since I did the touch up so I’m not sure what it feels like but I’ll check in a few more hours, it’s sitting on my table still, that camo tape is kinda tricky to use in tight areas but I would like to get those other 3 barrel sections taped in camo, I think it will look nice with the green - tan and then the camo wrap on the barrel sections but that’s my taste I guess.

Have you ever had your barrel shroud off? If I may suggest do not paint the shroud or tape it inside of those shroud bands/scope rail mounts. There is an O ring grooves inside of those bands, which gives it a snug fit. If you tape your shroud and decide to remove your shroud it’ll be either a fight or a mess. 

Just my thoughts. Just trying to slide the shroud as it is is a snug twist and pull. That was the main reason I did not paint the shroud.

Damn nice dock!

Thanks, BDX. I was telling my son that dock would be a perfect spot at night to lay prone in during the summer months, and possible call in some yotes. The yotes come in from another parcel that 20 acres and hang out in the field just behind my bridge.

That would be fun with a electric caller, my main yote caller is a FoxPro and then I have a cheap caller and then a few mouth callers that I mess around with. 

Your a M.W fan or just the movie? at least that’s who it looks like.

MW- you mean Mark Walbergh? No, man that’s Richard Tyson who plays “Buddy Revell” in the 1980’s movie called “3:00 High”. If you’ve never seen it, it’s a crack up. Had to own a set of brass knuckles after watching it, lol!

Jim, I was noticing that nipple sticking out of your Bullys fill port. Is that just the full probe that you leave in there with a plastic cover over it?

Yes it is, I removed the long metal arm that covers the port hole when cocked and just put a probe in it with a cap, when tetherd every time you cock the rifle that metal arm moves to expose the fill port hole so I just removed it that way it’s not binding up against the probe every time I cock it and I never forget the fill probe that way.