Helping out the farm (deer)

I know deer can be a sore subject when it comes to deer damage tags.. no matter what time of year it is no matter how much damage is done people just think it's wrong but not me.. lol farmer calls and I come running locked and loaded.. this farm has anywhere from 15 to 30 deer at a time 😳.. eating from his feed bags.. these bags are around 5ft high about 100ft or so long and deer are climbing on top of them eat holes in the bag. They have ripped the hole back half of one bag of so a big part of the feed is no good now.. so the dnr came and gave him 10 tags for deer. I was out last night and 15 deer came in just out of my range.. they walked down by the road and right into the feed.. I was sitting in a the hay barn waiting for a car to scare them back up to me because I didn't want to shoot at the road. So I waited and after a 4th car went by I took matters into my own hands and walked to the other side of the barn and throw a sitck over the bags. I then went back to the other side of the barn and sure as poop they where walking right into my trap.. stopped one at 60 yards and took the shot. Right thought the heart.. she jumped up and ran maybe 30 yards jumped again and dropped. Was a great night to be out.. the aea challenger 357 did a great job with my cast 150gr hollow points 

20220315_211843.1647436618.jpg
20220315_201503.1647436618.jpg
20220315_201252.1647436620.jpg

Reactions: Ezana4CE
@Cheplicki I have no issues with DNR tags. I can’t see why many hunters would. I can see how others might misconstrue the practicality of your services. I look at it this way. The products of many farms is food and we all need it. You have the opportunity to put down problem animals and you seem to be effective. If I remember correctly this isn’t your first problem deer job. Good work in assisting the farmer to keep his productivity and profits up. That’s the bottom line. 

As for the shot, HELLUVA shot! That photo of the heart is one for the scrapbook. Looks like she was quartered away from you. Did the slug pass through?

I worked for many farmers in my youth and knocked on doors etc. Hunting rights were reserved for family or paid leasing. I own land now, but I have no sympathy for farmers in this regard. Management permits are just another farm scam from my personal observation and a lost opportunity for licensed hunters.

I wonder how many management permits would be applied for if the carcass had to be surrendered.