Help with taipan vet

Looking for some input from the experts. Just received a new veteran compact, .25 cal. Came shooting around 880 or so with the 25gr kings. I noticed it was a little loud but chalked it up to the shorter shroud/barrel. Reduced the hst a bit to get to around 860, but still loud and very few shots per fill. Went up and down trying different hst positions, but same problem. Seems consistent through the shot string, but only getting around 14 shots. Seems to fall off the reg around 145, which I think is correct. I checked the breech seal, and it seems fine to my eye, but I may replace it anyway. Any other places I should be checking? If the loudness doesn't change, so be it, but I know it should be getting more than 14 shots per fill. Thanks in advance.

download.png
View attachment ts4.1599146774.pdf

Matt’s experience is the same as mine. Know that it takes a larger amount of air to get the pellet up to 880 in a short barrel. Thus the reason the standard or the long will get more shots at the same speed and all that air has a shorter dwell time in the barrel making it louder. 
IMHO, the gun is as efficient from the factory as you will probably be able to get. If give to Paul you will take from Peter so to speak.

as for the loudness, I installed a Neil Clague shroud on mine. Not even .22 loud. (Yeah, I had one of those too.) 

Thanks for all the input. I also feel like there is wasted air. My gut tells me the reg is set too high, but I am going to start with the breech seal. Matt, its interesting that you are shooting down to 120 bar, again it seems like I'm at too high a set point. The noise isn't really the issue, getting 14 shots per fill is the issue (even for the compact). I really only mentioned the noise because I thought it would point towards something else.