• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umarex Help with notos trigger

It’s horrible!!!!!

So I’ve cleaned the barrel, adjusted the trigger to @Dairyboy specs, and tried shooting some groups.
25-30yds it’s shotgun pattern still, but if I REALLY REALLY concentrate, I can get it to group a little.
I’m tolling his up to the trigger being heavy and hard to predict. I’m sure I’m pulling shots when pulling the trigger.
I really want to keep this thing, and give it the benefit of the doubt. It was so cheap after all, but I can’t stand the trigger.

Anyone know what I can do to improve it? I’m not looking match grade, just a nice predictable pull, and perhaps 1 pound pull.

• Wow
Reactions: L.Leon
The PP750 has the same receiver, trigger, hammer spring as the Notos so many of the PP750 mods apply.

Here are some links:

It’s horrible!!!!!

So I’ve cleaned the barrel, adjusted the trigger to @Dairyboy specs, and tried shooting some groups.
25-30yds it’s shotgun pattern still, but if I REALLY REALLY concentrate, I can get it to group a little.
I’m tolling his up to the trigger being heavy and hard to predict. I’m sure I’m pulling shots when pulling the trigger.
I really want to keep this thing, and give it the benefit of the doubt. It was so cheap after all, but I can’t stand the trigger.

Anyone know what I can do to improve it? I’m not looking match grade, just a nice predictable pull, and perhaps 1 pound pull.
You are already use to high quality, that Notos though sweet for many, is making you work. She is simply not going to offer you the refinement and performance you’re use to. Time is money, ditch it and get the Atomic XR. Sweetness incarnate, particularly because it simply performs to expectation, right out the box.

Reactions: Gr8Recreation
You are already use to high quality, that Notos though sweet for many, is making you work. She is simply not going to offer you the refinement and performance you’re use to. Time is money, ditch it and get the Atomic XR. Sweetness incarnate, particularly because it simply performs to expectation, right out the box.

The Atomic XR costs $1500 and the Notos costs $250 (and lower when on sale).

Fixing the trigger on the Notos takes about 30 minutes including the research.

The Atomic XR costs $1500 and the Notos costs $250 (and lower when on sale).

Fixing the trigger on the Notos takes about 30 minutes including the research.
I know the cost difference, and went the less expensive route, “twice”. I did say the Notos is sweet for many... I work for a living and simply don’t want to work on my guns… Just shoot…

Reactions: daddypaddy
I know the cost difference, and went the less expensive route, “twice”. I did say the Notos is sweet for many... I work for a living and simply don’t want to work on my guns… Just shoot…
Since you decided to spend $1500 instead of $250 your time must be worth a lot :)

I work for the money too. But shooting air guns is just a hobby to most of us.
I could easily buy an Atomic or and FX Impact every 6 months but I feel happy enough with $300 or less airguns.

For each Atomic owner there are probably at least 20 Notos owners as of August 2023.

And the Notos just started being widely available 4-5 months ago.
By the end of 2023 there will be at least 30-40 Notos owners for each Atomic owner.

I just bought my second Notos, since at about $220 (what I paid) it is much better than the PROD or anything I tried.

Since you decided to spend $1500 instead of $250 your time must be worth a lot :)

I work for the money too. But shooting air guns is just a hobby to most of us.
I could easily buy an Atomic or and FX Impact every 6 months but I feel happy enough with $300 or less airguns.

For each Atomic owner there are probably at least 20 Notos owners as of August 2023.

And the Notos just started being widely available 4-5 months ago.
By the end of 2023 there will be at least 30-40 Notos owners for each Atomic owner.

I just bought my second Notos, since at about $220 (what I paid) it is much better than the PROD or anything I tried.
It is but a hobby to me ”too”. Its really great that there is room for all of us. Enjoy your Notos…. Wow! 30-40 Notos to an Atomic, seems about right. There’s just zero comparison, no matter the amount of Notos. That there is room for all of us to have fun. That the point… I wouldn’t trade my Atomic for any amount of Notos. The OP has some fine guns and is used to better, the Notos is a good PCP, but it’s not a high end like the OP is used too. It’s folly to buy a low end gun an expect it to perform to the standards of the high end.

Reactions: Shortcut
I replace my spring with a bic lighter flint spring cut the same length of the stock spring. I fill the cavity it sets in with silicone grease to hold it straight. makes for a much lighter adjustable trigger for me.

DSCN0324.JPG

I’ve heard pen springs work too. Not sure if there’s truth to that. Last night I adjusted the crap out of it to the point of not cocking, rounded the head of the adjustment screw, lubed it, and STILL over 2lb pull, and different every time.
I understand the following behind these guns, and I agree, there’s a place for them. Similar to FX shooters who like to tinker. I like to point and shoot. Almost all my guns that were “tinker specials” are gone, and I own point and shoot no hassle guns now. This is what I wanted from the notos. I was willing to put in. Little work and money to make it right, but buying better mags, messing with the trigger, lowering power to hopefully better the report and accuracy, just all together not ready to spend that much time on it.

This isn’t pyramid’s fault either, so I may very well just put it in the classifieds for sale at a discount instead of worrying about it any more.

It’s horrible!!!!!

What pellets are you using? Notos should be giving you sub 1" groups at 25-30 yards, even with the stock trigger.

If you do decided to sell the notos, the DAR gen 3 ($299), is very accurate (regulated) and has a nice trigger, right out of the box. But it's a rifle, not a carbine

So I spent the better part of last night adjusting, lubing, Andy tinkering with the trigger on the notos. While I got it better than yesterday, it’s still horrible.

what I CAN say with conviction now is, my accuracy issues are definitely related to the trigger. After shooting some today, I can see that the accuracy is better (not perfect) than it was, and all I’ve done is play with the trigger.

now at 35yds, I’m getting under an inch with the occasional flyer making it 3”, but again, that’s me with the trigger. I know I’m pulling shots, bc those flyers dont feel as good as the others.

there has to be a fix for this trigger. With how long the PP750 has been out for, I’m sure someone came up with something!,

Haven't done my trigger yet and it is bad! Understand you smooth the ball end of the adjustment screw. Are you just rotating it on a piece of 400-600 grit till it is smooth? Or is there more to the story?
Most people just smooth out the ball end.
I also rubbed molly paste at all points where the parts (trigger, sear, screw, etc) touch each other.
I think there are some screws with a ball bearing at the end.

Reactions: madeintheuk
I’ve heard pen springs work too. Not sure if there’s truth to that. Last night I adjusted the crap out of it to the point of not cocking, rounded the head of the adjustment screw, lubed it, and STILL over 2lb pull, and different every time.
I understand the following behind these guns, and I agree, there’s a place for them. Similar to FX shooters who like to tinker. I like to point and shoot. Almost all my guns that were “tinker specials” are gone, and I own point and shoot no hassle guns now. This is what I wanted from the notos. I was willing to put in. Little work and money to make it right, but buying better mags, messing with the trigger, lowering power to hopefully better the report and accuracy, just all together not ready to spend that much time on it.

This isn’t pyramid’s fault either, so I may very well just put it in the classifieds for sale at a discount instead of worrying about it any more.
Point and shoot… like you state… put this one to bed. If they don’t perform “out da box” or with minimal love? What’s the point, you’ve got so much better PCPs. No matter how much you tweak it, it’s still a Notos.

@ madeintheuk - I think you have unrealistic expectations of the Notos. I'll be happy to take it off your hands so you can get back to the good stuff...lol.
My take is this: it's a budget gun obviously but for those of us that can't or won't spend money for top tier guns. It's a gun that is good enough as is, and with some sweat equity it can be made much better.
Out of the box, the Notos has shown me I definitely need to revisit all the little things that made me a good shooter with that camp .22 rifle (going for my NRA marksmanship badges). Why? Because it exposed the weaknesses I have as a shooter, just like those crappy little .22s did when I was a kid.
I remember getting my first Model 60 and it was like magic because I couldn't miss, it was that much better than those worn out .22s from summer camp.
I guess what I'm trying to say is - when I do everything correctly, like I was taught, the gun is amazing for $260! If I let any bad habits creep in it's a another story.
So it's like reinforcing the basics for me. Which I like. I've already seen an improvement in my shooting with other guns.

And yes I agree the trigger is lacking but it's a cheap gun (with surprising quality that is just not to be found in the trigger). I bet some more sweat equity will yield good results towards improving it. I also get that doing that is not for everyone.

I really get just wanting to point and shoot! That's why I routinely grab the old Marlin and a bucket of .22lr and hit the old spinners.

Reactions: nobody1
but you gotta admit, people that purchase high end guns are inevitably going to do some kind modification to them. this hobby can get obsessive lol it’s our nature to always strive for improvement and anyone who says otherwise is lying to themself. green apples to red apples.. still an apple