Help with next springer

I got into airguns to resolve a squirrel problem. Digging up my yard. Infesting my attic. Eating my flowers. I tried several magnum big box springers that shot a softball size group at 25 yards. Then I bought a MRod. 30 squirrels in six months later i was hooked. Now have Streamline .177,Huntsman.22, & the MRod .22. Then I made my second “mistake “ . I bought a HW97KT .177. Whole new addiction.
Here’s the problem . I now have to have a break barrel to play with.
Help me.
I will soon be 71 so cocking effort is an issue. The HW 97 is about the max.
1. HW30 sounds like a great gun but needs another 100fps. Would a tune with a bigger spring screw it up?
2.HW50 reviews on cocking effort are all over the map,24/50lbs.
3.HW 98 looks really good, but probably needs a tune down
4.Walther LTV looks good but something’ going,on stock is low, may be a change coming.
I really want a well tuned gun. Have talked to a couple of British tuners ,but good luck on getting a gun out of UK
I am at sea. 
Help!

5. If this was a real addiction, then you would hit the gym hard every morning at 5am, so you can cock that HW97KT with ease. Just saying :0). We gotta keep it real here on AGN, right?

It looks like the HW97KT is 35 lbs, and it sounds like you have pesting squared away with other guns, so why not optimize for the pleasure of plinking with the HW30 with its 18 lbs of cocking effort?

Spent time last night shooting a Crosman Prowler .22 with a 1st gen Nitro Piston (NP) followed by a Crosman Summit .22 with a 2nd gen Nitro Piston (NP2). The Prowler NP has a cocking effort somewhere between 35-40 pounds by my reckoning and is about the limit I can use for an hour's shoot. The Summit NP2, on the other hand, cocks with a sub-30 pound effort; I can shoot that gun continuously for hours - and have many times. Both rifles have Crosman's full barrel shroud which aids in providing a good hand grip. I have joint trouble in my left shoulder (my cocking arm/shoulder) and can say with assurance that the NP2 system affords me no end of pleasure to shoot. If you want a gun that is accurate, capable of small game hunting, and suited to (a-hem) "mature gentlemen of a sporting nature" or duffers like me, take a look at Crosman's NP2 line of guns. Tom Gaylord has a very thorough review of NP2 characteristics in his blog series over on Pyramyd Air's web site. Search on NP2 and read what the Godfather has to say about 'em. For me, the NP2 system is a joy and a godsend.

Get the hw30s you won't regrett buying one, and get the hawke vantage 2-7*32 scope for it, you don't need another 100 fps, it's perfect as it is, easy to break the barrel, you can shoot it for hours and not feel any pain, super accurate and lightweight, it's one of the best airguns ever build, never gonna sell mine, but might buy the other 2 calibers available, i have the .20 cal 

Walther LGV Master Pro in sub 12. Amazing rifle!
0fdd26aa377fd3342efe3df20adc2209.jpg

If you're cocking an HW97, cocking effort on an on an HW95 shouldn't be a problem. Forget about the pounds of effort - the felt effort is about the same or easier with the breakbarrel. 

The HW98 is the exact same powerplant as an HW95 but with a shorter barrel that includes a sleeve for weight and no provision for open sights. Plus you get the adjustable stock. Some guys think they're an overpriced waste of money; personally, I love mine. That said, the HW95 is a bargain and the longer barrel reduces cocking effort a bit. I would personally tune either the 95 or 98 to about 11-12 foot pounds, but that's more for shot cycle than cocking effort. 

The HW30 is really easy to cock and everyone should have one anyway - light, trim, laser accurate and just plain fun to shoot. And it will do the job with head shots on grey squirrels if you keep you're shooting inside 25 yards. 

OR, for a true classic, find a nice FWB 124. Not quite as powerful as an HW95, but super easy to cock. I have one with a soft tune making about a little under 10 fpe (about 740 fps) and it is as easy to cock as the HW30 and the shot cycle is almost as smooth - just a pulse when you pull the trigger. 

With what you have already, my vote would be #1 - soft-tune FWB124; #2 HW30 right out of the box; #3 HW95 or HW98. But you can't go wrong with any of them. And, with a little encouragement from this forum, you'll probably end end up owning all of them anyway. Ask me how i know...

Hi Guys, I'm new to AGN but just have to comment on the HW97K. I'v owned one for a bunch of years and what I've found is that while a wonderfully built rifle of superior quality, this thing needs a gun crew, carriage and wheels to be enjoyed. I suppose if all you're going to do is shoot off a bench, it's great but if carried afield, better be in good physical shape 'cause this sucker is HEAVY. I find that in my elder years i'm more than happy with my R7. Sweet little rifle. Lightweight, accurate and easy to cock.I have now reached 70 and i'm looking at some CO2 powered guns simply because of the physical strength required to cock a modern springer. Also, noise is now supremely important if you're going to be shooting in your back yard. Just my thoughts. Thanks for reading. Howard in Md.