• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Help with my HW70

Hard to say.. front sight too low make a gun shoot high. If your rear is all the way down and you use a full post in the notch. ( Top of front even / level with top edge of rear blade) it would seem mad be some droop . A breech seal from a old wrll ised to new will change the poi some till it compresses or settles in locked up.. now at 10 m how high? If you use the 6 oclock hold that aimpoimt going to be the bottom of the black rings and that's what? 1-1/2, 1-1/4 .
Center illustration in picture

Now this pistol im a shooting at 10m the rear is near bumped all the way down "BUT" it also has a eleavation adjustable front . To fine tune that slight need up or down at 10m .

A dead on hold this close a range hits high in most i see .

Anyway you never said how high or at what range .

hold.png

Last edited:
Ill tell ya that elravation adjustable front sight like hatsan and kral put on a gew of thete guns is sweet.. today good luck finding one to add on . Hatsan may sell you one as a part ,but .... Anyway it is nice at 10m or less on the pistol and the rear is bottomed ..

Heres a picture of a kral adj front .. i think it can fit like a 13-14mm barrel slip on

th-2011041354.jpg

I have a hw 70 with the same problem. Most likely the barrel has been snapped shut and while the barrel is only 6 inches it is out of line. You will have to look very closely to see this. I owned my pistol for years before I realized the problem. I have 2 and have compared them.
Take some aluminum tape and put a small piece on the block which hits the frame. By doing this you can bring the point of impact lower.

Can confirm a fresh breech seal can make a difference. Mine was shooting about 4” high at 10yds. Breech seal wasn’t leaking but did seem kinda smashed. Just installed a fresh one and impact is now at point of aim though I still too have the sight bottomed out. Measured the old one at 4.21mm depth when removed. New one 4.47mm though don’t know how long before it too is smashed. I’ll probably keep a few seals on hand.