RAW Rapid Help with HUMA Reg Tester

I bought a reg tester from HUMA that screws into the bottom of the block of HM1000 rifles. The issue is that the brass tip contacts the regulator before the part can be screwed in all the way. (This gauge DOES work with HUMA regs becasue they are shorter than the RAW reg.) Is there some type of seal/washer that I can purchase that I can install over the threaded portion so that the part doesn't screw in as far? (A larger O-Ring would just blow out)

Thanks.

HUMA Reg Tester 2.jpg

This is my quick and dirty method:
I haven't used the Huma Regulator tester, but I just wrapped enough (white) plumbers tape on the stem of my (glycerin filled) test gauge for a reasonably tight seal. The gauge shouldn't need to be screwed in all the way to seal adequately.

The tape may leak a little (no o-ring), but you should be able to test the reg pressure, just the same.

If you remove the tester from the receiver, you may need to clean threads/reapply tape when re-inserting, because it gets crushed in the threads when tightened/sealing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Green_Yamo
Thanks Kirk!
This is my quick and dirty method:
I haven't used the Huma Regulator tester, but I just wrapped enough (white) plumbers tape on the stem of my (glycerin filled) test gauge for a reasonably tight seal. The gauge shouldn't need to be screwed in all the way to seal adequately.

The tape may leak a little (no o-ring), but you should be able to test the reg pressure, just the same.

If you remove the tester from the receiver, you may need to clean threads/reapply tape when re-inserting, because it get crushed in the threads when tightened/sealing.
thanks, I wouldn’t have thought to even try that!

I be a bit nervous just adding thread tape without the threads engaging properly .. gauge rocket
As long as the threads are the correct size for the Bottom Blanking plug hole, you only need about 5 threads (deep) to be engaged and hold adequately.
However, the OP should be able to get more in before hitting the regulator. Look at the bottom blanking plug itself - not that many threads total.

Anyway, I always put about 5 winds of tape in CW direction on the stem to create a tight fit.

Lastly, if you (Green_Yamo) feel uncomfortable doing this ............... Don't.

I'm not advocating this, but I have gone as far as adding ad additional 20cc's of plenum through the bottom blanking plug of the receiver.
Bob Sterne mentioned this would be fine as long as I had 5 good threads securing it.
This however, does have a ending point and o-ring sealing it and no pipe tape on it (pic).

Keep in mind, the bottom blanking plug only holds the pressure of the regulators set-point.
None of my RAW's are above 145 bar.

20cc Plenum.jpg

Thanks for all the help guys! I think before i try the thread tape, I'm going to contact HUMA to see if I can get that coupler.

Thanks!
Keep in mind the (teflon) thread tape does nothing but block air leaking out around the threads. The threads do all the work holding the air pressure.

Hey Green,
If I were in your situation, I would screw the gauge into receiver until it hits the regulator. See how many threads on the gauge go in.
If you can't get 5 threads in the receiver before it hits the regulator, I wouldn't do it.

If it won't go in far enough:
- grind the tip off the gauge .............. unless it will ruin the gauge.
- buy a 1/4" BSP female/male coupler so the gauge looks similar pic above by Sell682.