• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Help with Huma reg in Airmax Krait x.

All guns are MKl. The MKl guns got MKll blocks if owners cried to their dealers and if the dealers got a big enough shipment of blocks to do all their guns. I’m 99% sure from your picture that your block is a MKll. All you have to do is measure the gauge pin hole, the two blue circles in the pic I posted. If the hole above your gauge hole is around 2.5mm, game over, it’s a MKl block. Just measure it with calipers. If you don’t own digital calipers you really need to consider just sending the gun in for repairs.
As I said the MK2 reg I have has the big pin and doesn't fit the block. Calipers are not necessary to know which reg is needed. See Humas web sight. You are correct about all blocks being the same, except for slight modifications for the 2 different regs. I am returning the MK2 reg and ordering the MK1 reg.
Screenshot_20230705_075058_Yahoo Mail.jpg

I have been thinking about your gun. Here is what I would lay money on. UA isn’t selling a gun with a MKl block on it. Your gun was updated with a MKll block and that’s why they sent you a MKll reg. You played with the reg adjustment or did something to cause it to bypass and follow tank pressure as you filled. You are now in the process of exchanging the right reg for the wrong reg. Refusing to measure your reg pin hole did not help with us moving forward to get your gun working. I hope I’m wrong but if I’m right, I feel like I’m about done trying to help someone who won’t listen.

Reactions: Dairyboy
I have been thinking about your gun. Here is what I would lay money on. UA isn’t selling a gun with a MKl block on it. Your gun was updated with a MKll block and that’s why they sent you a MKll reg. You played with the reg adjustment or did something to cause it to bypass and follow tank pressure as you filled. You are now in the process of exchanging the right reg for the wrong reg. Refusing to measure your reg pin hole did not help with us moving forward to get your gun working. I hope I’m wrong but if I’m right, I feel like I’m about done trying to help someone who won’t listen.
Vetmx, you are correct, it is a .MK2 block. I sent the factory reg and the Huma reg back to Josh at Utah Airguns to check them. As it turns out, Huma packaged a MK1 brass cup that seats the oring in the MK2 reg package and a MK2 cup in the MK1 reg package. He went through 4 regs from inventory that were all mismatched. He's sending me a matched set for the MK2. So along with me, maybe you have learned something. Reminds me of the old saying, " stop, think and speak in moderation. Cheers, Bill and Addi

Hi!

I have the same problem, everyone loves his AirMaks Krait rifles, but all I read about them is the MK1 and MK2 problems. I don't know if the ones that my dealer have, are the old ones or the new ones. So, I'm done, it's too much money in something that not always works fine.
I'm thinking in a FX King with the 600mm barrel or the new Epic Airguns Two, they look great. But I couldn't find any review of the new gun. I also have several problems with FX in the past, so I'm not sure about the King.

What rifle do you bought?

Thanks and best regards,

Alex

The only difference between a first gen gun and a second gen is the pin size on the reg that protrudes out of the block behind the gauge. A gen 2 reg will not work in a gen one block because the pin is too big. It just plain old won’t fit. The adjustment range on a reg is very small. If you turned the adjustment a little too far in either direction, the reg won’t work. I will tell you that when I had my Krait, the reg or should I say regs were in and out of that gun 5,000 times as I tried to fix them. Once in a while I would experience what you experienced. I knew I had the reg set right but it was in the bypass mode as I filled the gun. Reg gauge just kept following the tank pressure as I filled the gun. I would stop at 160b or so and look at the gun like WTF. I would degass it, take out the reg, scratch my head then put it back in. Sometimes it would be fine when I refilled. If not, I would stop filling at 110b and turn the reg screw a little up, dry fire, then a little down and dry fire. Then it would be fine. Good luck with that gun. I wanted to love mine but at $1,700, it was unlovable. Way better stuff out there in that price range.

Hi!

I have the same problem, everyone loves his AirMaks Krait rifles, but all I read about them is the MK1 and MK2 problems. I don't know if the ones that my dealer have, are the old ones or the new ones. So, I'm done, it's too much money in something that not always works fine.
I'm thinking in a FX King with the 600mm barrel or the new Epic Airguns Two, they look great. But I couldn't find any review of the new gun. I also have several problems with FX in the past, so I'm not sure about the King.

What rifle do you bought?

Thanks and best regards,

Alex
I bought a few guns since the Krait. All keepers. No headaches.