• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Help with Brocock

Hi, I am new to pcp and this Brocock Contour S6 is my first and only pcp I’ve ever owned. I bought it for myself along with a Hill hand pump when I retired eight years ago. It worked perfect and was very accurate for over a year then it stopped holding air.
I’ve never worked on airguns I have on firearms but have no idea on what seals need replaced.
I have searched the net and haven’t found much info on this model.
So what happens is when I hook up the pump I’m able to pump to 200 bar no problem but when I release the pressure valve on the pump all the air comes out.
Can anyone tell me if I ordered this Brocock seal kit from the UK would that first step on the right directio.
Thank you and I’m sorry for my ignorance on this matte.

sergio

7CBE00BC-F9C4-4CD7-9523-68AB6F246EC9.png

D8DBCDBA-FBD1-4AF5-956C-3094A8C736D8.jpeg

Last edited:
@Bubbacop I’m not familiar with that model, but it sounds like you may possibly have a bad valve in your fill port. Did you store your gun with pressure in the reservoir or has it been stored depressurized?

I believe that @Long_Gun_Dallas has one of these guns. He may be able to provide a more accurate answer

I did find this thread in another forum where someone had a similar issue and the OP got it sorted out. http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php?776208-Advice-needed-for-a-Brocock-Contour-S6-please

Last edited:
Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
@Bubbacop I’m not familiar with that model, but it sounds like you may possibly have a bad valve in your fill port. Did you store your gun with pressure in the reservoir or has it been stored depressurized?

I believe that @Long_Gun_Dallas has one of these guns. He may be able to provide a more accurate answer

I did find this thread in another forum where someone had a similar issue and the OP got it sorted out. http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php?776208-Advice-needed-for-a-Brocock-Contour-S6-please
Hi thanks for the reply, I’ve kept it pressurized and then one day I went to fill and all the air came out of the pumps pressure valve.

I agree that I would start with your fill port. There may be a bit of debris stuck in the check valve in your fill port. The only down side to this if that is your cause of leakage is usually once a leaks starts, the rest of the seals are at risk since they were all installed at the same time. best approach would be to reseal the whole gun and it should be good for 5-6 more years.
And YES, the correct rebuild kit would be a step in the right direction!
Thx
Dan

I found a YouTube video on how to change out the seals but he doesn’t show how to remove the part where the barrel band is.
I removed two set screws from barrel band and I don‘t know how to go about unscrewing the part forward of the band.
Any suggestions will be appreciate.

Added: I watched the video to the end and had removed the barrel to get to the part thats on both sides of the barrel band.
there are some seals he replaced in there but I may get away and just replacing the ones on fill probe.
Anyways I ordered the seal kit from UK and should be here in couple of weeks.

thanks
Sergio

5FE4FCC8-3799-4F48-9BBF-FF9D4B145ADE.jpeg

Last edited:
@Bubbacop nice work! Maybe use some qtips to wipe out the fill port body and around the area where the old dowty seal goes. If you do so, be sure not to leave any cotton strands in there. If you have a small air compressor or air brush compressor maybe blow out the fill port body with compressed air to be certain there are no small pieces of debris in there that can interfere with that valve once you reassemble it.

Reactions: Bubbacop
Hi, I am new to pcp and this Brocock Contour S6 is my first and only pcp I’ve ever owned. I bought it for myself along with a Hill hand pump when I retired eight years ago. It worked perfect and was very accurate for over a year then it stopped holding air.
I’ve never worked on airguns I have on firearms but have no idea on what seals need replaced.
I have searched the net and haven’t found much info on this model.
So what happens is when I hook up the pump I’m able to pump to 200 bar no problem but when I release the pressure valve on the pump all the air comes out.
Can anyone tell me if I ordered this Brocock seal kit from the UK would that first step on the right directio.
Thank you and I’m sorry for my ignorance on this matte.

sergio

View attachment 356650

View attachment 356651
Honestly... And this is gona sound dumb. But mine is older. Very similar, but older. There is absolutely nothing to grip onto to get the front cap off of the airtube to get inside it. Just a completely smooth, slightly rounded surface that is maybe 4mm across (check small lip under where fill port cap screws onto the end of the tube). I never could get mine apart, not without damaging it. And it was leaking air. What did I do? Drop or two of automatic transmission fluid in the fill port and put some air in it. Hasn't leaked since. But I dread the day it does, haha. Alphabet org (really?). A T F expands and softens rubber seals. I used as minimal as possible. And it had a definite affect. I believe this gun to be around 13yrs old, and to my knowledge has never been re-sealed.

Also fwiw, mine is a pistol, so it has 3d printed trigger blade and guard since those parts are now unobtanium. Stock is not original to factory spec for my gun on either photo.
20220311_175825.jpg

PSX_20230130_222524.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezana4CE
Hi thanks for the reply, I’ve kept it pressurized and then one day I went to fill and all the air came out of the pumps pressure valve.
Also should be noted that bleeding the pump should be as quick of an affair as possible. But does sound like the fill port valve is either sticking, has debris in it, or has a bad seal. Pump may possibly be gunked up and depositing debris (corrosion).

O-rings and More should have them or AOA.

Those tiny O-rings are very susceptible to overheating from air friction. It’s possible that the hand pump is creating friction and heat (cooking the rubber) as the air passing over it to rapidly. I’ve been told (by AOA) to fill my Brocock’s VERY slowly so the friction doesn’t cook the rubber. When I started doing that it ended my O-ring failures.

Reactions: localman
O-rings and More should have them or AOA.

Those tiny O-rings are very susceptible to overheating from air friction. It’s possible that the hand pump is creating friction and heat (cooking the rubber) as the air passing over it to rapidly. I’ve been told (by AOA) to fill my Brocock’s VERY slowly so the friction doesn’t cook the rubber. When I started doing that it ended my O-ring failures.
Thanks for the info I’ll try it.