• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other Help with Bam 50 fill

Lobi

Feb 11, 2023
Michigan
Just got a XS B50 delivered. Don't know anything about em. Tried giving it a fill from my tank and the air vented out the barrel as fast as I put it in.
Before I pull it apart I wanted to be sure there wasn't some trick to filling. I tried both cocked and uncocked.
What's going on? Pull her apart?
Thanks
20230926_142612.jpg

Give it a fast jolt of air from your tank if you can with the gun cocked. I noted the same on my first fill with the B50. Needed a hard jolt to seat. If you have a slow fill valve on your tank, this may be a challenge.
Good thing is if you do need to delve in, it's an easy gun to work on. Will need plenty of old T shirts to remove the factory gunk though.

Reactions: Lobi and TC724
You were trying the right things. There’s nothing out of the ordinary with the B50 in terms of filling. Very conventional hammer and knock-open valve. It’s very nearly a verbatim copy of the Daystate Huntsman.

Yes, I would say the next step is go ahead and disassemble. Remove the valve and inspect the poppet. If it has ever been fired with no air, there is a decent chance the hammer overdrove the stem, causing the valve spring to go to coil bind. The poppet therefore suddenly hits a hard stop while the hammer is still driving the stem, which has the potential to drive the stem through the poppet, destroying it.

Note that once you get the fasteners out, the valve may not budge. The two halves of the valve are typically threaded together such that they bulge the O-ring and wedge the valve into the tube. So it may be necessary to loosen the front half of the valve a turn or two before removing it. For this task, any of the following can be used: a loooong flat head screwdriver, a piece of flat bar stock, or a sacrificial socket (sides filed away to leave two teeth at 180deg apart).

While you’re in, inspect the O-rings for signs of aging or extrusion, or go ahead at do a reseal job if that option is available to you. At the very minimum, I strongly recommend replacing the O-ring on the fill port check valve with a -006 in 90 durometer. It is a common source of leaks because the gap around the check valve is so large that 70 durometer tends to extrude and fail.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lobi
I had the same problem with my Xisico Sentry. Mine was one of the o rings between the breech and air tube has just run out of life. If it’s anything like that, super simple guns and just buy an o ring assortment from eBay or something and see what matches. I did this on my sentry which is now 5k plus shots and still running strong.

These BAM50s' have been around quite a while now. When I got into airguns ~8 years ago, there was a "B50 Bible" that was a compilation of the forum posts of the pioneers of the time that figured out how to tune and regulate them and really turn them into shooters. if you are pretty handy with an airgun, it can be made pretty awesome.
At that time, there were still NOS guns entering the market that had been stored somewhere. The O-rings in these guns were dried and cracked, often the poppet would bust (partly because the OEM hammer and spring drive the crap out of them), and a full rebuild was always the proper place to start.

View attachment Rep.manual b50.pdf