• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Help with ballistic calculator/getting my data...pulling my hair out!

This is what a bullet path looks like at each distance

Screenshot_20221203-210743.png

See the blue curve on the bottom. Thats the bullet/pellet leaving the barrel and following its natural flight path to zero and beyond

Reactions: Ingwe
The bullet drop. Bullets dropping so so must your reticle or poi. Typically only shorter ranges go up. Try going for a basic 100 yard zero and just work on holdover under. Youll have a far better shooting experience.
I will give it a try....I'll plug in 100yds and see what I get

It still doesn't make sense to me...from the muzzle every projectile is affected by gravity and the projectile drops.
Since the projectile is dropping, I don't understand why I would dial down for farther ranges

Your zero distance doesn't mean the flight path actually changes. It means your view of that path changes. Affecting where the shots land in your view of that path. even tho the curves look massively different there actually still the same. Only your view of them changed when you change zero distance.

I know this last bit here can get real confusing.

Reactions: Ingwe