Help with AriForce Talon SS Spin Loc

I was hoping someone with AirForce air gun with a Spin Loc tank could chime in and offer some insight to my problem.

Last week I purchased directly from AF a Talon SS in .25. I followed the manual’s instructions and assembled it.

I filled it to 2,000 PSI and fired off some shots, and then zero’d in the rifle. It was great. Accurate and powerful. I was stoked.

Then an opportunity seized itself and I wanted to smash a crow. I fired a shot towards its chest at 15 yards. Nothing happened. Crow didn’t flinch. I must have missed. I tried again. Nothing. When I cocked the handle again the pellet fell out. It never fired. I didn’t miss. I looked and the Ring Loc Valve Pin cap was spinning freely.

I looked at the AF Manual for ring loc installation and watched a YouTube video and apparently There should be a Loc ring behind the cap in order to keep it in place so it will not rotate back and forth.

I hand tightened it towards the tank to hold it in place. Then I loaded a fresh pellet and fired. Nothing. Pellet never left the barrel.

When I loosened it some as shown in the picture, it fires.

I emailed Customer support yesterday (the girls who sold me the rifle) to ask for help, but it’s a holiday so I won’t hear back from them for some time.

In the meantime, I was hoping someone here would have an answer or some advice. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 1.00.13 PM.png

IMG_1134.jpeg

IMG_1135.jpeg

Reactions: Animalcub7907
This talon does not have that type of valve pin cap on it. I believe it is a lower power air gun and has a smaller valve that does not have the ring lock cap.

If you look in the diagram, you can see the cap has two parts that can be separated one from the other. If you look at your photograph it is a single solid piece.

I tried to mark the separation line in red here that is missing on your cap
F5E385F5-E789-4027-8D98-19D434BD8244.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Senor Ramon
This talon does not have that type of valve pin cap on it. I believe it is a lower power air gun and has a smaller valve that does not have the ring lock cap.

If you look in the diagram, you can see the cap has two parts that can be separated one from the other. If you look at your photograph it is a single solid piece.

I tried to mark the separation line in red here that is missing on your cap
View attachment 272971
It looks like the top hat that Talon Tunes offers with the threaded inserts in the end for power adjustments.

The Talon has a different valve than the Condor. The bottle is a spin-loc. I believe there a few set screws around the waist of the top hat that need to be tightened I think it's a 0.050" allen key. There should be something about the correct gap between the bottom of the top hat and the base of the valve.
I set my gap to the thickness of the spanner wrench handle for the nut that secures the bottle to the frame. It works out perfectly for my TalonP but mine also has the two piece top hat so that might make a difference.