• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Help with a tune.

hvack

May 11, 2015
IN
I now have an fx impact 25 cal. Seems to be shooting some what ok. Need help with tuning it in to shoot the mk2 33.94 25's . I have a good wika gauge on the fill and stock gauge on regulator. The good gauge reads 150 bar after shooting down and at that point the stock gauge on the reg reds 142-150 bar. Shooting across the chrony with power wheel on max the heavy's shoot hot at 870-878 fps. So i'm thinking this is about what 150 -145 bar would do, so all that seems in line to me . 
When I turn the power wheel down to 4 I can get the heavy's shooting inside of dimes at 35-40 yards sometimes one holes at 833 fps avg. This is were I think the gun likes to be for my barrel harmonics and for this pellet and speed. However I let the gun set for a little while 15 -20 min or so , the first shot is a hole mil dot low the fps drops to 820 fps the sound of the volume of air is lower and quieter, meaning I can tell the gun is definitely moving less air and there for the cause of the drop in poi . 
This is were I need the nations help . I am thinking the reg pressure is to high and the gun sets and the actual pressure in the plenum increases to the 150 bar set , and then at that point the hammer spring at 4 is to light. I tested a theory and turned the power wheel to max after it sets, and for the first shot or two the poi is up where it should be but shooting a little hot around 860-869. Then I have to turn the wheel back down to 4 , and its dimes and one holes. Do you guys think turning the reg down to maybe 135 bar so I can run the wheel at max to get my 835 avg is a better Idea ? That way even if it gets a little reg creep I have a harder hitting valve to deal with the first shot or two , until the reg settles back ? 
What dose the nation think any advise will be helpful ?